Help! Choosing between two colleges.

<p>Hi,
I was accepted to Texas A&M and UNT, and am debating on what school to go to. I'm going into pre-vet and know A&M is a smart choice, but I could always transfer right? What are some pros an cons for transferring? I would like to go to UNT since it is close to home an I won't have a car for college, what are some ways around that? Also, what are some good reasons to go to A&M?</p>

<p>At this point, are you going to transfer or are you thinking of transferring in a few years? Where are/would you be transferring from?</p>

<p>I’m only in high school at the moment, but of I decide to go to UNT, I would transfer to A&M for graduate school.</p>

<p>What would you major in if you went to UNT? I live close to there, and everyone one that I know who goes there is majoring in music or some type liberal arts major. I have toured both A&M and UNT, and although I feel that UNT has a nicer campus, A&M seems to have the better education. If money is the issue then I can understand why you would pick UNT, but for pre-vet A&M is definitely going to provide you with the better education.</p>

<p>Well graduating from UNT and then going to Vet school here at A&M, isn’t really transferring. Transferring is when you begin your studies at a 2 or 4 year school and then change to a different university to receive your bachelor’s degree. </p>

<p>I mean, you can do that especially if you want to go to Vet school. As far as getting your undergrad degree and coming to CS for your master’s. If money is a concern then that’s what I would do. Purely in terms of education, in Animal Science departments, I’m fairly sure A&M has the best program in the state.</p>

<p>About the car aspect, being on the TAMU campus without a car isn’t bad. I didn’t bring my car freshman year, so I used the free buses a bit. I also didn’t often leave campus. Unfortunately, buses don’t run as they usually do on home football game days, but that’s only an issue for part of fall semesters. </p>

<p>I don’t know how often you want to go home. During the whole year, I only went home during winter break and spring break, but I’m an out of state student and I don’t really get homesick. We do have a Share a Ride service [Ride</a> Sharing Service](<a href=“Page Not Found”>Page Not Found) so you might be able to find people to give you a ride.</p>

<p>Hey, I go to A&M and love it but look up info about Admissions to Vet School. Bc going to A&M doesnt mean acceptance to it. People get rejected every year by it (they even have signs advertising other vet schools on some tables and buses). The most important things Ive heard are grades and volunteer hrs (at vet offices).</p>

<p>Most likley you’ll need at least a 3.25 to get in (probably closer to 2.75 or 3.8 to guarentee it) and lots of volunteer hours.</p>

<p>I think (not completely sure) they only accept like 30 or so people each year so good luck!</p>

<p>My D plans on being a vet and we have toured several schools. Getting into vet/graduate school is HARD. GRE score is a huge part, as well as undergrad success and work in the field. It is like applying to college all over again. A&M vet school is very competitive and getting your undergrad degree at A&M (supposedly) has no bearing on whether you get into their vet school.</p>

<p>I agree with aggie15, I think you need to do some research about getting into vet school. Vet schools also tend to have different specialties, so research the ones that appeal to what you want to do (small animal, large animal, exotics, genetics, reproduction, etc.) Some less competitive schools will guarantee your graduate school acceptance if you get your undegrad degree at their school.</p>