Help Choosing IB Class

Okay so I’m starting the IB program this year and the teacher who was supposed to teach IB Chemistry is retiring. She was the deciding reason for me to take IB. The teacher replacing her is not a very good teacher. He has students take word for word notes and doesn’t clearly explain the concepts. When it was announced he was teaching IB Chem 10 people who were planning on taking the class decided not to take it. I don’t think I want him to be the one teaching me and that I have to rely on to help me achieve IB credit. This being said, I still want to take Chemistry before I graduate because I want to go into medicine and have been told to do it. So I was thinking that I could take AP chem in two years but not test IB for it and do IB Bio this year. However; the IB bio teacher is a teacher I’ve had twice already and was supposed to student aid for this year. I dont know if student aiding would be an issue if I’m also in one of his classes. I was going to take IB Chem and then AP Bio the next year, but because of the teacher I’m thinking of switching the order. Another issue is that I’ve heard it’s best to take Chem Honors then Chem IB the next year so you remember a lot of the information and if I wait a whole year before taking AP Chem would it end up hurting me? I guess I’m asking if I should take IB Bio or IB Chem this year and the one I don’t take this year I would take the AP form of it without the IB tests the following year.

Take IB chem, I have a IB physics teacher that’s kinda like that, but since we’re in IB, I believe we can handle it! Don’t sacrifice you opportunity to aid your bio teacher! If IB check is 2 years, you can test it out the first year, and what ever you feel like your missing for the exam, get an IB prepbook by Cambridge, and fill in everything you need!

From my experience, I took ap bio freshman year and ap chem sophomore year. And for junior and senior, I’m taking IB physics HL. So you can definitely take ap and IB classes with out an honors prerequisite.