Help! How Does ELC (Eligibility in the Local Context) Work During Admission

<p>Hi, I’ve recieved my ELC letter and the pin to start the application online on the University of California Webpage. Once I started to fill the application, I was a bit confused on how to pick my campuses. I know that applying to each campuses of my choice would cost more money, but does order really matter and do I still have equal chance as an “ELC” student to be able to get into the universities? The ELC says that “you are guaranteed admission to one of our nine outstanding undergraduate campuses” and “you may not be admitted to your first choice.” When I was choosing my campuses, there wasn’t actually a specific order that I could choose from. I was also wondering if the ELC program grants you to only to one campus or does each of the campuses judge you through their own perspective as an ELC student (as in having the chance of getting in with the percent chance of ELC student Admit Rate in the University of California handbook of 2008-2009 listed for each University). Also I am curious about U.C. Davis. If I’m an ELC student, would I be likely to be accepted?</p>

<p>In the past, each campus has taken ELC students; however, the vast majority have gotten an ELC admission to Riverside, Davis, or Irvine and which one admits the most seems to vary from year to year. You should do the app to reflect your own choices without any expectation that they will pay attention to that when determining which college will give you ELC admission and usually it is only one. of course, you can still be admitted to another using regular admission criteria.</p>

<p>drusba is correct. Even UCSD accepts nearly 90% of ELC applicants, so Davis must be similar (don't have my tables handy). However, you can call the elc office and they will tell you what the "elc guarantee" schools are. Last year, the three guarantee schools were SB, Riverside and Merced. Irvine considers elc as a big factor under its comprehensive review, and has accepted 99.9% of all elc apps over the past few years. (Irvine is a growing campus, so they have space.)</p>

<p>There is no need to specify a priority order for the campuses.</p>

<p>60+% acceptance rate to Cal and LA apparently.</p>

<p>Any change is ELC admissions for 2009-2010?</p>