Help me! I'm freaking out!

<p>I applied to the University of Alabama last week (December 26) and I was checking my application status today that has been processed. I noticed that it said ‘Admissions Type: Crimson Edge’ I know that the program is for students with lower test scores, but does this mean I have been accepted? Bama is my dream school and I just wanted to know!</p>

<p>I would contact admissions…they should be able to let you know what that status means.</p>

<p>Are there new tabs in MyBama?</p>

<p>If it says Crimson Edge, then it does sound like either you’ve been accepted or you’re being considered for that program. I know another student who was accepted in that program two years ago. His high school grades and test scores were rather modest, but he’s done very well after completely Crimson Edge. All B’s and better.</p>

<p>*Crimson EDGE (Education Guarantees Excellence). This two-semester program helps students manage the transition to a university academic environment. Students in this category are not on probation but are limited to 12-14 credit hours during their first semester and must enroll in an academic support class. A Crimson Edge advisor in each college will help students determine appropriate course selection for the fall and spring semesters.</p>

<p>*</p>

<p>Thank you!
but no there are not new tabs, this was while I was looking over my processes application. I remeber before when I had just submitted it the said the admission type was by web application or something like that!</p>

<p>Haley,</p>

<p>The young man that I know about applied in the Fall, but didn’t get his acceptance til about March, so it may take a bit. I don’t know what your stats are, but his were VERY modest. However, he really “buckled down” at Bama and is doing very well in a business major. </p>

<p>Did the school ask you to submit a writing sample or a teacher rec? Do you know who your regional admissions person is? If not, we can help you find that person and have them help “move your app along.” </p>

<p>What state are you from?</p>

<p>My gpa is good, it is a 3.7, my test scores however, are awful. I made a 1340 on the SAT 860 reading and math combined and on my act I made a 19. I am not sure who my regional is though.</p>

<p>I am from Alabama</p>

<p>Ok…you will likely get admitted based on your GPA. My older son had a classmate with a similar situation. Bama did admit her based on her GPA. This may have been before Crimson Edge was developed because I don’t think she did that. Instead, she was started on Academic Probation. She cleared that hurdle, did well, and is now a Bama grad. She just didn’t do well on the ACT, but did well in classes. </p>

<p>Publics often weight GPA more than test scores. GPA can be a better predicator for success. </p>

<p>To find your regional rep, look here…
<a href=“http://gobama.ua.edu/states/alabama/[/url]”>http://gobama.ua.edu/states/alabama/&lt;/a&gt; </p>

<p>Tell us who your recruiter is and we’ll get you the direct email.</p>