Help! Need to Find Housing

My son will be entering A&M Fall of 2015. He is on a waiting list for on-campus dormitory housing. We are thinking of buying a condo. Any suggestions for well-maintained, close to campus condos?

If by condo you mean apartment, there are plenty of close and well kept apartments. Depending on what your son wants and what you’re willing to pay for, there are plenty of options.
Does he want to live by himself? Prices go up substantially for single occupancy.
If he wants a room mate you can find close places from 500-700$ not including electric which from what i hear is about 50$ a month when split.
If he wants to live by himself you’re looking at anywhere from 900-1200$ a month.
I’m also on the wait list and spent the last month looking for a place.
I’ll be staying at Campus View http://www.liveatcampusview.com/default.aspx
It’s pretty affordable, even if you want to live alone.

I have seen condos for rent and for sell. I was probably on trulia.com. I have also been looking at apartments on craigslist. I have just been comparing prices and distance from campus. I also like to see how close place is to bus routes.

The barracks! They are beautiful and really nice! the only downside is you have to drive to campus but it really isn’t a far drive

My daughter is in the same situation. She needs housing in the fall as she was accepted to grad school there. If you live in the Barracks and drive to school, is there ample parking and does TAMU charge for parking?

My son has lived in the University Apartments (Garden Apartments) for year and plans to return next year. They are fairly simple in design and decor, but the distance to the college is excellent.

CorGeek – yes, you get a parking pass to park on Campus.

You pay to park on campus. You can either pay as you go - swipe a credit card at a kiosk OR buy a pass which is charged to your tuition bill & you get a pass to hang from your mirror and you assigned a lot. There is no free parking.