HELP NEEDED. Is computer science considered engineering?

<p>Hi,
Is it easier to get in if you apply undecided or university studies? Also is computer science considered engineering? I really want to go to Va Tech for engineerin but the chance of me getting is not very good. </p>

<p>Engineering*</p>

<p>Yes, it is under the College of Engineering. As a freshman, you are admitted into General Engineering, and then will later admitted to Computer Science.</p>

<p>So would be easier for me for me to apply undecided? @financiallylost‌ </p>

<p>In my view, undecided (or University Studies) is definitely very, very easy to get in to than engineering. As far as getting into engineering, VT seems to concentrate more on the math part of your profile than anything else. So, as long as your profile is decent with some mathy things, you should be able to get into engineering without a doubt. Good luck!</p>

<p>They also have Business Information Technology and Business Information Systems under the Pamplin School of Business.
If you don’t think you can get in to Engineering , you should look at them.</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.admiss.vt.edu/majors/”>http://www.admiss.vt.edu/majors/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>It is better to apply directly into general engineering rather than starting from university studies. It’s fine to just put university studies as a second choice, but the major you desire should definitely be your first choice.</p>

<p>If you REALLY want to get in Early Decision and are not sure if you would be accepted, then it is “easier” to do University Studies. However, it’s a bit tougher of a path (and takes more time/classes) to go from University Studies to General Engineering to Computer Science.</p>

<p>If you are more committed to being in Engineering, then just put Engineering and University Studies as your second choice. Getting deferred doesn’t hurt you at all - it just means they want to compare you to the rest of the applicant pool. Plenty of people get accepted to General Engineering after being deferred during Early Decision.</p>