Help needed with unfair rejection at Purdue

What has happened here is not a reflection of quality of Purdue’s education. This sure will be a reflection of their management’s ability to handle things fairly and if they don’t, even then I am not asking you to form an opinion. Whichever way this goes, it is very important that other parents have to hear about this so that they don’t face the issues that I am facing. Till Purdue fixes these glitches, future students may want to avoid submission by eCheck when closer to deadline, and to document everything till they are successfully accepted.

I am a newbie. I would like to say that by reading the responses in this thread, I was able to understand my options better, was able to continue the dialogue with Purdue and because of what all of you collectively suggested I was able to effectively communicate with Purdue. Thank you so much.

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing that. This makes me feel my situation is not a usual experience with Purdue there and hopefully D will get the fall term. A very happy Mother’s day to you.

2 Likes

She had multiple offers.

1 Like

She had eight acceptances all with the deadline of May 1st. Some of those may have gone to rolling admissions, she does not want to start there.

If Purdue doesn’t offer a Fall or Summer start on Monday, your daughter would need to contact her #2 college after Purdue to see if she could enroll and if the scholarship is still there. If not, call#3.
I understand she’s in denial this could have happened.
It’s possible Purdue will not admit her for Fall at all and if she doesn’t act quickly she’ll be forced into a gap year she doesn’t want, which will be even worse.

2 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion. I appreciate it. another option could be a community college and then a transfer.

I don’t know if they are watching the thread or not but here are some items that I know about.

Before I started the thread, their answer was that they are oversubscribed and they will not reinstate. Since the thread started, they did respond and offer to work out a solution as long as D decides a future session.

I agree.

Yes, it will be the Community College and then transfer to a college later.

I worry that she’d feel “let down” if she goes from “admitted to Purdue and 7 other universities with scholarships” to “local CC”. I doubt she’d look forward to college in the Fall. As a result, attending a “desirable university” (ie., #2 or #3 on her list of admissions) would probably feel better and make her more positive.

4 Likes

I’m hoping they get her enrolled for fall term too! Please circle back to let us know.

Happy Mother’s Day to you too!

Praying you get good resolution tomorrow!

2 Likes

I have never sued anyone, however if she ends up going to a to CC, I don’t see why not to Sue. The new may turn out to be “Sued the college to fix their errors in admissions that they should not have been there in the first place”. If it comes to that, it will be about others parents who will otherwise go through this same pain that I have gone through.

Thank you so much!

I did discuss the topic of going with friend with her in detail after reading the valuable perspectives presented here. She explained it to me more clearly. She said that she is going to be alone at a new place, having known faces whom she can trust will help her. She also said, this is the time she has been looking forward to, she spent months reading about all colleges where she was selected, she prepared herself for Purdue, she wanted to start as early as she can so that she has deep friendships and a great college experience.
I don’t know what is right answer as this is the first kid I am sending to college but I do know that I need to teach her to decide on her own what she wants to do.

I thought differently, I felt that going to media will effect their goodwill and it has not yet come to that level as there is still hope that they will accept their mistake. This is why other than this thread, I chose not to got social media.

You don’t know how much this message has helped me. Thank you so much.

1 Like

Summer/Fall22. D does not want that.

Sorry for the confusion. Eight offers with May 1st deadline. She accepted Purdue on April 29th.

Thank you for your wishes. I sure need them right now.

1. I have some options now and have an identified positive outcome. I have a plan B as well.
  2. I have structured the facts the best I can. I don’t have all of the facts but I guess thats what a lawyer will do for me.
  3. I have not exhausted my options yet.

Thank you. This has helped me a lot.