Help on UIC Interview

Hey, so I was called for an interview for an Honors program and wanted to ask for tips! I am way too nervous and they said the whole thing will last four hours. There will be a tour of the campus, the interview itself, and an impromptu essay. Any advice on this UIC future experience??!!

(Especially if there are any of you who have already attended this UIC Honors college interview)

I’ve interviewed before! Just spend some time thinking about why you want to be at UIC, what you want to study, and how you think the Honors College will help you and what you’ll bring to them. Find a way to talk about things you are passionate about in the context of going to college. It’s not as high pressure as you think!

Thanx a lot! :slight_smile:

The Impromptu essay is just 4 short answer questions designed to help the honors college understand who you are.

Are the questions they ask you more focused on you personally or why you like UIC/Honors College?

The interview will be focused on who you are personally. The questions allow the Honors College to see who you are from the way you think.