Help Please with History Requirements

<p>So, I had my DD’s AP scores through her junior year sent to UA. The credits are posted, and I can view them on DegreeWorks. I am confused about the AP World History credit. She was given 6 credit hours for TRGS HI. Since TRGS doesn’t have a particular class assigned to it, I thought she would still need to take a sequence of 6 hours for History, so I registered her to take the CLEP tests for U.S. History I and II. However, when I look closer at DegreeWorks, it appears that it is giving her credit for a History sequence. Could this be correct? Would the 6 credit hours for TRGS HI fulfill the requirement for a History sequence? If so, is there any point in her taking the CLEP tests?</p>

<p>Something like this I would run by the advisor to be certain. My S was similar w/ some transfers in, and I didn’t want to trust DW solely as his guide (which turned out to be correct). You will probably find that her History sequence IS taken care of, but best to make sure yourself by verifying with someone from UA. See if other CLEP tests can take care of any other transfers!</p>

<p>I agree with checking with the school. My D didn’t take AP World, she took AP European History, and she received credit for HY101 and 102, which definitely satisfied the sequence requirement. It used to be that AP World got the same credit, but it looks like they’ve now changed it. (Current catalog: <a href=“http://courseleaf.ua.edu/introduction/academicpolicies/creditbyexamination/#advancedplacementaptext”>http://courseleaf.ua.edu/introduction/academicpolicies/creditbyexamination/#advancedplacementaptext&lt;/a&gt;) I would call and ask them exactly what TRGS means and how it relates to the sequence requirement. My guess is that it will satisfy the requirement, but that’s just a guess.</p>

<p>My son took AP US History. The 6 credits satisfied the sequence requirements. CLEP is not needed for History.</p>

<p>Very smart to have those AP tests sent to UA now.</p>