help please..!!

<p>I'm filling out the housing app right now and I had some questions about Smith and Ogg. I just talked to someone who goes to UW and told me to definitely put Ogg as one of top choices but so many people on this board have said Ogg is terrible and the worst dorm. So now I have no idea whether to keep it as a top choice or put it as one of the last. Also, for the new Smith hall, what do people know about it? Is it going to be a party dorm or more of a quiet one? I'm basically pretty confused now so could someone please give me some advice on these two dorms? Thanks</p>

<p>Ok so heres what I know from all of my research. Ogg is not at all a bad dorm, but it definitely has its own feel. Ogg is where the party frequently is, where the social frat type people live and where you will definitely have some wild weekends. With that said, it doesn't seem like it would be impossible to be studious there. You would simply need to practice some self-restraint. A drawback is that some of the Ogg residents don't take great care of their dorm. All in all, to live in Ogg, you better like, or at least be comfortable, with the party scene. Same applies to Witte and Sellery. Smith is a bit of a question mark. No doubt will be beautiful. Will likely have a party feel, as it is in the vicinity of the three aforementioned dorms, and close to the Kohl and Camp Randall. Not sure if its worth the extra 1k, and it is far from many classes. Definitely will be nice though. As for me, I'm leaning towards Chad, Smith, then Witte, Sellery, Ogg. I consider myself pretty bright and have always done well in school, but I've never been a big studier, and I like to party. I guess I'm looking for a party atmosphere, with school spirit etc, but I don't necessarily want to walk into vomit when I go to take a shower. I guess its still up in the air for me.</p>