HELP! Registration Question

<p>D is trying to register for an Accounting course. She’s getting an error message that the lecture and lab are linked and to see the detailed section listing for linked sections. On the class look up the only lecture that appears to be linked to a particular lab is the honors section, which she is not signing up for. Where do you find the detailed section listing? She’s tried to sign up for the lecture with 10 different labs and none of them work.</p>

<p>Any luck? </p>

<p>My D is on her way to the registrar since she isn’t being allowed to register for her art studio classes that have a prerequisite that she “placed” out of. Her mybama shows the forced completes, but it doesn’t seem to be seeing it. She is mad since she has hassled with this every semester and the forced completes were suppose to fix it.</p>

<p>Now she is really mad! The registrars webpage states their hours as Mon. - Fri., 8:00 AM to 4:45 PM. No one is there and a sign says they’ll return at 9:30, when her class starts! I’m thinking I’ll be making a phone call!</p>

<p>The registrar’s office is working on D’s problem - I think they needed to contact the department, because the lecture wasn’t linked to a lab for some reason. They did answer their phone before 9 am, so someone must have returned before 9:30.</p>

<p>ETA: Problem resolved. I have to say that the Honors College priority registration is a HUGE perk. D was able to get all the classes she wanted at the times she wanted with the profs she wanted.</p>

<p>Glad to hear she got her situation resolved!! </p>

<p>D is still working on hers. Seems a forced complete doesn’t mean what the art dept. thought. She still needs an override (???) so she is waiting on her adviser to get out of meetings to sign the override and then the dept. secretary will get it done. Meanwhile, we watch the two classes hoping they don’t fill!!!</p>

<p>Hooray! I can also add that D got her problem resolved and now has a “special approval” on top of the forced completes. Hoping this takes care of this issue for good! </p>

<p>Even though she was frustrated at the beginning, she is always pleased with how helpful and nice everyone at UA is when helping her.</p>

<p>Great news, BamaMom! </p>

<p>For such a large school, I’m finding that Bama is surprisingly easy to navigate from an administrative standpoint. When D was applying to large state schools people warned me that it could be a challenge for students to graduate in 4 years because of difficulty in getting required courses, but in our experience so far that is not at all the case at UA.</p>

<p>We also had similar issue with lab not being linked and was able to get it resolved on the first phone call. I agree, beth’s mom, the administration has been wonderful to deal with.</p>