Help! Tide football FANS

<p>I’m actually feeling a little desperate.</p>

<p>After months without the Tide football, I checked out ESPNGO today, only to discover that I have to 1: forfeit watching the game this Saturday
2: grab the appropriate food/beverages and appear plaintively on a neighbor’s
doorstep
3: break down and subscribe to satellite tv.</p>

<p>So, being my independent self, I decided I’d go ahead and bring the talking heads into my house…</p>

<p>BUT: then they wanted me to choose rooms, channels, equipment, etc…</p>

<p>I JUST WANT NCAA FOOTBALL (okay, and an occasional something else…)</p>

<p>My concern was that I subscribe to the correct ESPN channels. Do I have to upgrade the packages offered to be sure to include ESPN U, or will ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPN 3 cover it?<br>
All of the packages have the major networks.</p>

<p>Thusfar, I have managed to watch them on my computer, but this year the season opener is only on air!</p>

<p>Thanks for any advice, I know this is only indirectly related to issues on CC!!!</p>

<p>Everything I read says the game will be broadcast on ABC. RTR!</p>

<p>[National</a> television schedule - College football- NBC Sports](<a href=“NBC Sports - news, scores, stats, rumors, videos, and more”>NBC Sports - news, scores, stats, rumors, videos, and more)</p>

<p>[Alabama-Michigan</a> Football Game To Be Televised By ABC at 7 p.m. on Saturday, September 1 - ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site](<a href=“http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/052212aaa.html]Alabama-Michigan”>http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/052212aaa.html)</p>

<p>Thank you, yes. That is this weekend’s game. I’m one of those who doesn’t have tv but am thinking I’ll take the desperate step and subscribe. I just don’t want to subscribe and then be stuck not able to watch some of the games :slight_smile: and be stuck with that satellite dish hanging off of the house :P</p>

<p>thank you.</p>

<p>Do you get antenna reception? If you do, your local ABC affiliate should be one of the HD channels you’d receive.</p>

<p>If all else fails, most any sports bar or sports-themed restaurant should be showing the game. If they aren’t, just ask and they will usually turn one of the TVs to the game.</p>

<p>Thanks, Sea-tide. No, we are out in the boonies…happily so! However, I think your second idea is a good one.</p>

<p>What year are you running for President???</p>

<p>Many thanks.</p>

<p>As the parent of an OOS Freshman (We are in IL) how do you get the games that are not nationally televised, such as the upcoming WKU game? We have cable right now, but I am not sure even DirecTV has an “SEC Channel” (or do they?)</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Honestly, I wondered about the ‘SEC’ also.</p>

<p>If you go to ESPN - on line streaming, you can get most of the games, no charge. You don’t get to see the half time events. CBSsports shares on line also. But this year I am getting stymied. ABC doesn’t stream and I still have to investigate ‘SEC.’</p>

<p>Have you ever tried justontv.com? I have watched many games this way.</p>

<p>yeah, and firstrowsports.eu is even better in terms of the variety of “broadcasts”, but the trouble is that the picture quality is often sketchy, at best. Also, as it is individuals re-broadcasting their feed, you are subject to their mercy or if they are taken down, etc.</p>

<p>I’ll check it out. Thank you.</p>

<p>Funny story: the world is not equipped for people like me. I called one of the satellite companies and said “I don’t want DVRs, four room connections, skippers, hoppers, and a bunch of electronic junk that will be obsolete tomorrow. I just want to get the major networks and ESPN.” Of course, this was off script and the poor fellow didn’t know what to do except proceed about the months of movie channels, etc…</p>

<p>Finally just gave up. Will checkout justontv.com and plan on watching the non-streamed games elsewhere :P</p>

<p>You folks are great.</p>

<p>Student, are you in Tuscaloosa? If you are, surely you can go to Wings or one of the local restaurants to watch the game. Might cost you a meal…cheap compared to the price of a ticket!</p>

<p>I am driving through Maine Sat eve on my way to Canada. I am traveling with my large dog which limits my stopping at sports bar options.
I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to find a radio station that might be carrying the game? Any ideas?
I’ve got an iPad with 4G, but as its ABC watching it via the iPad doesn’t seem to be an option.</p>

<p>idinct, I can’t imagine that you’ll find it on any Maine radio station! I feel your pain - I have a hard time finding Longhorn coverage of any type. The newspaper never even MENTIONS college baseball! I have complained to no avail.</p>

<p>Idinct, do you have satellite radio? Sirius carries most of the Bama games.</p>

<p>I did exactly that, and had the headphones on with my portable satellite radio for the Arkansas game last season (while watching my younger son’s game). Sat Radio is a last resort for me when all other options have been exhausted. What do those of you in T-Town (without tickets) do to watch the games such as the game with WKU where it isn’t going to see a national broadcast? Is it even televised by one of the local network affiliates?</p>

<p>ESPN GamePlan allows you to watch games such as UA v WKU, for a price. I’ve purchased the package the last two years and that’s how I was able to watch the Tide play San Jose St. and Kent State, for example. You can order the service from your local cable/satellite service provider or participating Internet service providers. </p>

<p>[GamePlan</a> - ESPN](<a href=“http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/index]GamePlan”>http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/index)</p>

<p>Thank you, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! They don’t have the schedule posted for 2012 yet. Can you please confirm that from your past subscriptions you were able to see ALL the games through a combination of GamePlan and national broadcasts? I would willingly subscribe if I knew I would not miss a game. I just don’t want to buy it and then find out that only “select” Tide games are available.</p>

<p>ESPN GamePlan only has certain Bama games. You can purchase a season’s pass or order the service one game at a time.</p>

<p>I can confirm that through a combination of ESPN GamePlan and network TV I have seen every Bama game the past two years, and I live in Hawaii. I must advise everyone that GamePlan telecasts were not in HD in 2010 and 2011 (they may have changed that this year).</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Oh, excellent! Thank you! People laugh at me not having tv but I am finding more and more folks protesting the ‘300 channels’ and nothing to watch. I was close to subscribing, though!</p>

<p>Many thanks.</p>

<p>load I Heart Radio to your smartphone and you can listen to just about any radio station you might choose…free</p>