Help: U Portland or Seattle U for nursing?

Hi, I have admitted to several nursing programs and now narrowed them down to two schools: U Portland and Seattle U. I have visited both schools. I like both of them. Both offered same amount of scholarship, so the COA will be same. I really have a hard time to decide which one to attend. Here is the data I collected so far:

1. # of BSN students enrolled each year: UP ~ 250 vs. SU ~ 90. UP has a much bigger nursing program. Not sure if it is a concern for the arrangement of clinicals.
  2. NCLEX pass rate (2017): UP ~ 83% vs. SU ~ 88%. SU is slightly higher.
  3. 4-Yr graduation rate (whole school) from US News: UP ~ 75% vs. SU ~ 64%. UP is higher.
  4. Retention rate: UP ~ 90% vs. SU ~ 84%. UP is higher.
  5. School system: UP ~ semester vs. SU ~ quarter. No sure which one is better.
  6. Seattle vs. Portland: both cities have a lot of rains :-(. Seattle is a bigger city, has more opportunities?

What else should I look into? Please tell me your opinion.

Thanks!

I would consider the minimum grades required for progression, and the grades required to keep your merit money.
What is the policy for retake, and does it set you back a semester?
Locations of clinicals, and relative to campus?
Number of hours need to carry to graduate in 4 years?
Study abroad opportunities?

Please post the answers if you figure them out. I finally started a spreadsheet to try to keep info straight.
If you want to be on the same general schedule as most of your friends, seems like more schools are on semester system.

Seattle U is close to the “Pill Hill” hospital area so there should be plenty of places do to clinicals or medical volunteering near school

Thanks a lot for the reply. It’s a painful process. At the end, I found a coin… Then I will attend Seattle U. :slight_smile: