HELP UIUC vs UW Madison (engineering)

<p>hey everyone i am OOS for both of these universities, and have been accepted to both in engineering. I know that UW madison does not accept u directly into engineering, and is actually a "General Engineering" type deal. I cant decide btween the two, my main concern is that UW Madison may be too competitive, and i will not be able to get into engineering in my second year. I want to do Bio Medical, and in UIUC i have been accepted to that directly. I love the Madison campus, and would love being a badger, but UIUC seems to have a stronger reputation in engineering. any comments from anyone would help a lot. </p>

<p>I visited both campus's and am hopelessly lost, and comments on any aspect of the university will help me descision, thank you in advance for ur help</p>

<p>UI is currently a solid top 10 enginering college and has been historically the strongest in Civic, Material and CS. However, their BME program which was founded less than five years ago is no doubt their weakest spot. </p>

<p>Trust me, Wisconsin is <em>the</em> place for BME. The BME department @ Wisconsin is already very advanced and well established and directly benefits from the Wisconsin's strength in life sciences. The undergraduate program is especially very well-regarded and -recruited. What really distinguish Wisconsin is the hand-on design courses you must participate every semester from 2nd year onward. So by the time you finish junior year, you already have the experience of at least 4 significant real-world projects under your belt. Before counting your internship and co-op, your resume already has more substance than your peers' elsewhere!. ! If you are into research, there are already over 30 BME specialized lab or major research centers @ UW with more planned when the Wisconsin Institute of Discovery opens. Obviously, all these make the program very competitive. But, I think you set your mind on it, you can do it!</p>

<p>UW would provide a better overall experience and has far more depth in all things biotech.</p>