Help!... UM #1 Choice.... do i have a chance?

<p>hi, ! I'm From Panama And I applied to early action to UM, they defer me as a regular decision beacuse i didnt have my toefl's scores... Now i do... and i wanted to know my chances...
Toefl: 84 IBT
Sat Math: 580
My mom graduated from there
Exelent activity chart
great essay
top 15% of my highschool class
90.08/100 gpa (wich is very good for my school)
I've been talking to the counselor of international admissions every day...
- social service 80 hours
- won the sport medal
- capt of voleyball and basketball in school
- capt of basketball in macabi (a youth organization)
- represent several times the school and country in internationals tournuments of table tennis and tennis
- became #4 in Panama (female tennis)
- #3 in Panama (table tennis)
- attend for 4 years a leadership course and camps
- Leader in macabi of the girls of 5th grade
- attend the March of the Living in Poland
- attend a trip to Israel for Liders
- member of the soccer, basketball and voleyball team for the past 4 years
- choir in the school play</p>

<p>I'm a Panamenian Girl (latin), Jewish, with US Citizenship,Applied as International Undergrad!</p>

<p>I Will like to hear ur opinion on my chances of getting into UM... </p>

<p>Thanks 4 ur time!</p>

<p>hellppppp pls.... anyone????....</p>

<p>I really have no idea as you are coming from out of the country. Sorry. But with your good class rank and GPA you should have a legit chance. But really i am not familiar with their international policy or with toefls scores. Good luck.</p>

<p>i have no idea how generous they are with legacy applicants. however, for any school international admission is competitive.</p>

<p>thnx anyways... wish me luck.. lol</p>

<p>Good luck! I know that UM is very diverse and likes to admit students from outside the country, so you may have that in your favor.</p>

<p>isn't it so that if you hold a US passport that you qualify as an American student ? Atleast most schools i have looked at have that policy.
Cheers</p>

<p>yes, u r rigth, but that is only for state universities... if u apply for a private u can choose how to apply...</p>

<p>ok,
i also thought that it was easier to get in as a US citizin, unless you would be the first paneminian/jewish person student to attend that school. But then again i don't know all that much about the foreign admissions for lot's of private schools.
I am also a US citizin but live overseas and i was planning to (next year) apply to all my schools as a US student. In your knowledge would me applying as a international student give me an advantage ?
Cheers</p>

<p>and isn't UM public = state school?</p>

<p>Oh no sorry lol, just glanced at the title and thought you were talking about U Michigan hehehe. Yeah Umiami is private. lol</p>

<p>and just one other thing...
Your EC's are amazing and your GPA looks very tidy but the SAT score you sent was a bit below average i think but in my personal opinion i think you could get in. I dunno what their legacy policy is or what a good toefl score is but based on the EC's and GPA i think you have a fair chance.</p>

<p>i think it depends... if u apply as a us citizen to a public school its much easier... but to a private depends on your SAT scores.. I live in Panama and my first lenguage is Spanish.. so my critical reading is not very good.. thats why i use the TOEFL... so it can replace the SAT cr... and u cant do that as a US citizen</p>

<p>and also-- UM dont require SAT's for international students.. so maybe its easier as international...! you can choose.. thats the good thing of having two citizenships..</p>

<p>yeah it is... it so is, especially at airports because the EU lines are always so much shorter than the other lines haha...wel thats if you are in Europe, if you are in the States it's exactly the opposite. When do you think you will get your decision back ?
Cheers</p>

<p>i have no idea acctually, i dont know why but i dont have a good feeling about it.. so i hope i'm wrong!.. UM is my #1 choice.. so i'm really looking forward on going there... u applied there? or were?</p>

<p>if you apply as international, you cant receive any scholarship money from the school.</p>

<p>acctually i can, i applied as international.. but i put that i'm also a US Citizen.. and that give me the rigth of filling the FAFSA and of applying for a scholarship... i just going to be consider a international by the time they make the desicion, but I'm legaly a US citizen, i can have financial aid as a regular citizen, my mom file taxes even tho she dosent live in the US, and i'm a Florida Resident.,.. so its like i live there... I just applied as international because of my SAT verbal scores...</p>

<p>sorry but with does score you cant get nowhere...
jaja.... y ahi se va tu sodaa!!!</p>

<p>sorry about that las comment lisedaton send... shes a friends and is messing with me...
no comienzes con tus bainas ahora.. me debes mi soda y me la vas a dar,... UM es mas facil q Washu.. y hay una gran diferencia hajaja.. en UM no piden SAT para international.. idiota jajajjaa...</p>