Help !!! Very Dissapointed

<p>" I am contacting you regarding your assignment to University Residences. Due to the large number of applicants, there is a very good possibility that you will be assigned to a temporary space in the Residence Halls until a permanent space becomes available. A temporary space in the halls will be a room that will be converted to a student room. This will be your assignment until a permanent space becomes available, at which time you will be notified and our staff will assist you with the move to your new location.</p>

<p>We would also like to ask if you would be interested in a space in an upperclass student area if available. These spaces would not be temporary spaces but regular spaces instead. We also have a very limited number of single rooms that are also regular spaces if you would be interested in this type of accommodation.</p>

<p>Please respond back to this message as soon as possible so that we know what your interests are.</p>

<p>Looking foward to your response,"</p>

<p>Now that youll know tell me what to do.... I am feeling very nervous as I live in INDIA and dont know if I am gonna have somewhere to call home!!</p>

<p>12 ppl have viewed this thread and none have had any assistance to provide??? Please help..... tell me what i should do bout this...</p>

<p>i think one of my friends got a notice like this last year and got placed into Young, which is actually a pretty good place to live. perhaps you would get placed into hawkins, which also isn't too bad. its very close to krannert (since your management this shouldn't be too bad), but it is somewhat removed from the rest of the campus.</p>

<p>From reading the newspaper,I know this happened last year, too. They placed a lot of new students in the union hotel and other places temporarily. Everyone ended up in a permanent assignment within a few weeks, though, and most ended up in a better room than most freshmen. So I wouldn't worry about it too much, you'll have your own room in no time!</p>

<p>If you are worried I would recommend accepting a spot in upperclassmen housing. My guess is that they are talking about Hawkins hall which is graduate housing and 20+ housing. I originally wanted to apply for Hawkins but was 2 mos. to young so I'd be a little jealous of you if you got it:)! Otherwise there is Hillenbrand which is upperclassmen housing and very nice but I'd be very suprised if they had spaces left there. This year they assigned people to young at the same time as other halls (my boyfriend is there) so I think that if there was room left there you would already have been assigned to it. However, I know last year it was where most the overflow ended up. Don't worry you'll have a place to call home. If you don't want to have to be in temporary housing at all I'd send the message back to them right away so you can get a spot in what they do have. Good Luck with everything..it will all work out!</p>

<p>I'm not sure what the difference in cost is between living in Hawkins and living in a freshman dorm, but by accepting the offer to possibly being placed in an upperclass dorm you can only increase the chances of being placed in a permanent room as quickly as possible. Don't sweat it, I'm sure that it won't be a big issue.</p>

<p>yeah the upperclassmen rooms are pretty friggin sweet. in addition you'll probably even get a single. the only thing 'not' sweet is the comparatively slow internet.</p>

<p>Thanks for the cheering up guys but don't you think being in a single will ruin the ' college experience' especially if your a freshman....??? and won't making friends be that much harder if your in a dorm with 20+ yr olds.... [ i'm talkin about freshman friends]</p>

<p>With the size of the school and all the extracurriculars (not to mention the classes themselves), I'm sure you will meet and become friends with many freshmen age students. Plus, I'm sure other freshmen are in your same position and so you can hook up with them. My son's friend says this housing problem happens every year and it works itself out eventually.</p>

<p>At least half of college students don't end up being good friends with their freshmen roommates anyway. I don't mean they fight, just that they often go their separate ways and choose different roommates for their sophomore year (or even switch roommates during their freshman year). So having a single won't ruin a "college experience."</p>

<p>Thanx everyone for your input.... i've got my assignment today and am thrilled as i have received a spot at hillenbrand.... WooHoo .... please keep in touch though....</p>

<p>My son visited Hillenbrand years ago and loved it. At the time it was new and so nice that just 4 people shared a bath. It is much nicer than many of the other halls. Congrats to you, glad it worked out!</p>

<p>And the dining hall is very nice - we ate there a Day on Campus.</p>