Help! Which one?

<p>Hey guys, so I’ve gone on a LOT of college visits over the past year, and I’ve come to the decision that the University of Alabama and Auburn University are my top choices. I’m pretty confident that I will get into both schools and I should receive out of state scholarship money based on my GPA and test scores. Alabama would be the cheaper option, BUT putting money aside, I need to figure out which one would be the better choice. My intended major is nursing, so I’m just wondering if anyone can give me some insight into the nursing schools at both Auburn and Alabama. Is one better that the other, or are they pretty equivalent? And any information/opinions on the schools overall would also be greatly appreciated! I think both campuses are beautiful and I have no doubt that I would be happy with either one, I’m just curious to hear opinions from people other than my family… :)</p>

<p>To be perfectly honost – and trying not to be biased – I didn’t even realize Auburn had a nursing school. I know both Auburn in Montgomery and Troy in Montgomery as well as Troy main campus offer nursing. From what I’ve heard, Bama has a very highly rated nursing school and just constructed a brand new building. Other than that will have to defer.</p>

<p>uab offers nursing too</p>

<p>[Academic</a> Affairs Home](<a href=“Error 404 | Not Found”>Error 404 | Not Found)</p>

<p>I think NJBama may have an opinion on this matter, so I will yield my time to the respected Senator from New Jersey.</p>

<p>See this link:
[Capstone</a> College of Nursing - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://nursing.ua.edu/]Capstone”>http://nursing.ua.edu/)</p>

<p>The university of Alabama has invested a great deal of money into this building, everything is “State of the Art”.</p>

<p>I think it is clear which school has invested the most in its nursing students and facilities: UA. Have you actually toured UA’s new Nursing Building? Nice to know UA is tied for first in your list. What kind of residence hall are available to you at AU?</p>

<p>Without even getting into why auburn sucks (and they do). There’s honestly not even a comparison between Nursing programs. UA’s Nursing program is head, shoulders, and toes above auburn. </p>

<p>If you want to learn how to care for sheep by all means go to auburn. If you want to care for people then The University of Alabama is the clear choice.</p>

<p>Just going off the US News rankings the state schools go like this.</p>

<h1>27 U Ain’t Bama (UAB)</h1>

<h1>99 Univ of Alabama - Huntsville</h1>

<h1>127 The University of Alabama</h1>

<h1>193 the former east alabama male college now known as auburn</h1>

<p>I’d expect Bama’s rank to improve tremendously with their new facilities. </p>

<p>And PLEASE for the love of God would you people stop capitalizing the word auburn. The only capital those scumbags deserve is capital punishment.</p>

<p>Yeah, I was blown away when I saw the new building at Alabama! It definitely seems like they’re investing in their nursing program…</p>

<p>Ok here’s another quick (kind of random) question…
When I went for my tour at Bama, we kind of just passed right through the “downtown” area without really taking it in. So, I’m wondering if Tuscaloosa has a “college town” feel? Is it easy to get into town or do you have to drive/take a bus?</p>

<p>People often park downtown and walk to the game, so it is not far at all. I am sure there are shuttles, but others know better than I. Did you actually visit the downtown district? It is filled with great new eateries, clubs, etc. Others on here can expound upon the great changes in DT TTown.</p>

<p>thanks for posting uab’s rank njbama… for anything medically related uab deserves at least a glance by someone considering alabama for school…has some of the best hospitals and medical programs in the country</p>

<p>The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) continues to attract the best and brightest students from around Alabama, the nation, and 109 countries around the globe. The average ACT score of entering students continues to trend upward, currently at 24.3, consistently besting state and national averages. </p>

<p>UAB is a fully accredited research university and academic health center with an annual enrollment of more than 16,000 students. As the University has grown, so have its contributions to the state, the nation, and the world. UAB is committed to education, research, and service programs of excellent quality and far-reaching scope. In terms of federal research and development funding, UAB ranks twenty-sixth nationally and first in the state of Alabama, receiving more funding than all Alabama universities combined. In such an environment, undergraduate students can pursue a wide array of research opportunities and gain valuable experience that pays off later in graduate studies or career development. </p>

<p>lol re the old uab joke! dont think uab cares</p>

<p>here’s princeton’s ranking on other aspects of college between the 3 schools</p>

<p>HIGHEST RANKINGS FOR ALABAMA SCHOOLS:</p>

<p>Area schools’ top rankings among 371 schools nationally by The Princeton Review.</p>

<p>Auburn University</p>

<p>No. 8: Students dissatisfied with financial aid
No. 9: Least accessible professors
No. 19: Not gay friendly
No. 19: Most religious students</p>

<p>University of Alabama</p>

<p>No. 7: Best recreational athletic facilities
No. 13: Popularity of intercollegiate sports
No. 15: Most conservative students
No. 16: Major Greek scene
No. 16: Students study the least </p>

<p>UAB</p>

<p>No. 3: Lots of race/class interaction
No. 11: Happiest students
No. 14: Best recreational athletic facilities</p>

<p>Because of Bama’s new Capstone College of Nursing and its fabulous facilities, it really is a great choice for you.</p>

<p>What are your stats? What scholarship will you get?</p>

<p>Bama has 3 main areas of off-campus hangouts…</p>

<p>1) The Strip…this is the area that is immediately to the west of the stadium. lots of restaurants, shops, etc. The Crimson Ride tram goes there.</p>

<p>2) Midtown Village…this is the restaurant & shopping area at McFarland and 15th St. Crimson Ride goes there on Sundays…</p>

<p>3) Downtown…this is west of The Strip. lots of restaurants and shops here, too. I think 348-Ride goes here.</p>

<p>i have a 4.25 GPA and a 30 ACT… I’m pretty sure it’s the UA Scholar out of state scholarship that I would get (awarded 2/3 tuition)… thanks for all the info, so you pretty much can’t walk to the “town” areas around campus?</p>

<p>Oh congrats! I remember that you wanted to raise your ACT and you did!!! </p>

<p>Yes…you’ll get the UA Scholar! 2/3 tuition! **about $14k per year! ** :)</p>

<p>That is much better than what Auburn would give you. Auburn would only give you $5k per year. </p>

<p>*Auburn Charter Scholarship
Requires a 29-30 ACT or 1290-1350 SAT score and a minimum 3.5 high school GPA for consideration.<br>
Awarded at $20,000 over four years ($5,000 per year).<br>
*</p>

<p>Yes…you can walk to The Strip…its right next to campus.</p>

<p>You CAN easily walk to the strip and downtown.</p>

<p>Yep that’s the one! Ok that’s awesome that you can walk… I remember driving through it, but I ended up getting confused about where we were because I hadn’t ever been there before so that’s good to know! For a while, I felt like Auburn would be my choice because I was familiar with it and had been there a few times, but the money and the overall feel of Bama is really appealing so it’s definitely deserving of a top spot in my list!</p>

<p>Welcome! And get your application in!!! :)</p>