Help with calculating GPA

<p>My school calculates GPAs based on a 100 point scale for unweighted GPA.</p>

<p>How do I convert my unweighted GPA, 91.33, and my weighted GPA, 101.1, to a 4.0 scale?</p>

<p>Any help is appreciated.</p>

<p>I presume that a 90 - 100 is an A, 80-89 is a B, 70-79 is a C, 60 - 69 is a D and less than 60 is a fail. If that is the case, I believe that you take your GPA on a 100 scale and simply divide by 25. </p>

<p>Does anyone have a better way?</p>

<p>I don’t think that would work because I could have a 91 in every class and have a 4.0, but I have had some B’s so I know that my unweighted is not a 4.0.</p>

<p>Basically for all 90-99’s give yourself a 4.0
For all 80-89’s give yourself a 3.0
For all 70-79’s giver yourself a 2.0
If you have any <69’s don’t bother applying</p>

<p>Anyways, add everything up and divide to get the average. That is how you do it.</p>

<p>Ok thanks. How about my weighted GPA?</p>

<p>How can you have a 91 in every class and have a B in any of them?</p>

<p>That wasn’t what I said. I said that my average unweighted GPA is a 91.33, but I have had some B’s in classes, so I know that I can’t just divide that number by 25. My question now is how do I calculate weighted GPA on a 4.0 scale?</p>

<p>UW doesn’t care much about weighted GPA and there are several methods for calculating it. I wouldn’t worry about it. They will look at your unweighted and your overall course rigor. They also are interested in class rank if your school ranks.</p>