Help with classifying courses?

I’m a student from Canada (BC to be exact), and I am thoroughly confused at the choices that I have to make when typing in my courses. For example, why are there two options for English? Should I classify my English classes under ‘English’ or ‘College Prep Elective-English’? What is the difference between Elective English and just English?

Also, since I am not American, I have no clue how their mathematics system works. What is ‘Mathematics 1,2,3’?

Thanks!

UC’s require 4 years of English. Once you have fulfilled your English requirements under category (b) any other English course you take can be put under (g) for College Prep.
Math 1= Algebra 1
Math 2= Geometry
Math 3= Algebra 2/Trig

@Gumbymom thanks for your help! So pretty much, as long as UC’s requirements are fulfilled I put any extra courses under (g)?

Math in my country isn’t classified in the same way, which is why I’m confused. My courses are just called Foundations and Pre Calculus 10, Pre Calculus 11, Pre Calculus 12, Calculus AB AP and Calculus BC AP

As long as you meet the a-g course requirements and there is room to report more in each category then report those courses in the apprpriate category or in the college prep. You are required to have at least one course in (g).
With common core, the new math designations can be an issue. I personally feel just call them what they are teaching in the curriculum. Why give them new names?