Help with Final Choices for VP (Merit given shown)

The good thing about BW is VP majors do one show a year. will have to dig through the Syracuse stuff again as I genuinely thought it was out of range.

Here is a link to housing rates at Syracuse—there appears to be a real range of options. 2022-23 Room Rates for all other students - Housing – Syracuse University

1 Like

I know we are blessed to have so many options and I am not bragging. I work at a university and have tuition exchange, he is a sought after bass, and scored 35 on his ACT. With all that he has 3 full tuition offers.
As a parent, how do you encourage kid to look at program outcomes versus location? And how do you come to terms with them making the “wrong” choice?
(3 final choices Jacksonville U FL. Syracuse. Baldwin Wallace. )

I guess I’m having a harder time as a parent because I know those with experience will say how can he even consider JU when Syracuse and BW would be tuition free.

2 Likes

If he’s going to be the kind of student happier to work in warm/sunny weather - JU is a brilliant choice. One of my kids is diagnosed with SAD. I would never send them to Syracuse in a million years - no matter how much money was thrown at them because there is almost no sun in Syracuse much of the year.

Picking the ‘best’ school isn’t always about the highest ranked.

5 Likes