Help with football tickets

<p>My D made the Million Dollar Band, so hubby and I really want to go to a home football game. I’m very confused on the whole football ticket process, and I did a forum search, but what mostly came up were threads regarding student tickets. Can anyone shed some light on the best way for us to get tickets? I’ve done a Google search, and lot so of sites come up, but I’m not sure if it’s safe to get them that way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!</p>

<p>Search for tickets on Stubhub</p>

<p>I’ve bought tickets on eBay, gone with student tickets that were upgraded to guest tickets, and have bought scalper tickets on the strip the day of the game. StubHub can be an option, but probably the most expensive one. On game days there are a lot of resellers selling tickets right on the strip and I think that’s the easiest way to go.</p>

<p>We’ve been happy using StubHub for purchasing tickets.</p>

<p>The prices on stub hub are high, but I’m too “chicken” to wait until we get there to try to buy them, and we definitely want to be able to be on home side to see the band. I’m looking at the western Kentucky game. Prices seem to be lower, probably because it’s it not an SEC game. Still undecided. Thanks</p>

<p>You might also want to try your local alumni association to see if they have any tickets.</p>

<p>Go here NOW: <a href=“http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FB-SINGLE&linkID=ubama&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=&format=grpMenu[/url]”>http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FB-SINGLE&linkID=ubama&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=&format=grpMenu&lt;/a&gt;
DO NOT WAIT. You MIGHT be able to buy tickets at face value.
Alabama is not playing a lot of “significant” games this year at home, so demand is down from last year. However, that does NOT mean you can go to a window the day of the game and buy a ticket.</p>

<p>If it were me, with 40 years’ experience buying tickets (ah, the days of $20 and $25 tickets!), I would bet on buying scalper tickets outside the stadium the day of the game. If you want REAL bargains, wait until after kickoff. But you will want to be there early to see the band march in and see the pre-game show.</p>

<p>I like to get in the stadium about an hour early so you can see all the stuff they plan on the video screens, get a look at the team warming up, see people arriving. :-D</p>

<p>There really isn’t a “home side”. This isn’t like high school where the home team has one side (the bigger set of bleachers) and the visiting team has the other side (the smaller set of bleachers).</p>

<p>The stadium is over 100k of people. Bama has BOTH sides. The opposing side only gets a very small number of tix. The opposing side gets a corner and part of an end zone. And, for non-SEC games, even fewer opposing fans show up…so nearly the entire stadium consists of Bama fans. </p>

<p>Because of this, the band switches its facing side each game. So, you’ll need to find out which side the band will be facing the week you go.</p>

<p>Not only will the non-SEC tix be a bit lower, but so will the hotels. However, the hotels will still be high, just not as high as they are for SEC games. Don’t get me wrong, hotels will still be much higher than “non event” weekends and many hotels are completely booked.</p>

<p>Which side of the stadium is the shaded side during an afternoon (2:30 kick off) game?</p>

<p>I understand that it’s the A-N side that gets the shade in the afternoon.</p>

<p>Is that the west side?</p>

<p>The West side of the stadium gets shade in the afternoon.</p>

<p>If you’re on the East side, you’ll have sun in your eyes as the sun goes down. It can be annoying.</p>

<p>Thanks! I thought I wanted seats on the west side but I wanted verification before I started buying tickets. RTR</p>

<p>I bought tickets off ebay but I like seatgeek.com. They congregate results from all the ticket resale sites to show you the best tickets available at the best price.</p>

<p>FYI, most stadiums are oriented north-south. Theoretically, the players will not have the sun in their eyes.</p>

<p>Would it be ridiculous to go ahead and pay $75 per ticket on Stubhub for tickets on the west side just so we don’t have to hassle with trying to find tickets after we arrive? Or are we fretting over nothing and just wasting $$$?</p>

<p>Oh… I should have mentioned that price is for the Florida Atlantic game.</p>

<p>That’s what we ended up doing (actually purchased off Ebay). We were looking for 4 tickets on the west side and didn’t want to risk not being able to get them after arriving. We paid in the neighborhood of $75 also.</p>

<p>Went ahead and got tickets off Stub Hub, $75 each for the Western KY game, and was able to get a room at the Hilton Garden Inn. </p>

<p>Can’t wait to go to my first Alabama game! (But, I’m just there for the halftime show:)</p>