Help with UC GPA Calculation? (Out of State!)

I’m confused as to how the UC’s calculate their GPA for Out-of-state applicants. I understand that they use 10th - 11th grade courses, but not sure how they add points for Honors/APs.

If someone can help me calculate my UC GPA that would be very helpful! If so, how strong is my UC GPA for an OOS applicant?

(School only reports 1 final grade per class)

10th Grade:
A - AP Physics B
A - Honors English II
A - Honors Chemistry
A - Spanish III
A - Digital Design/Music Theory (Each semester courses)
B - US History II Honors
B - PreCalc Honors

11th Grade:
A - AP Calc BC
A - AP Statistics
A - AP Lang & Comp
A - Biology Honors
A - Spanish IV Honors
A - World History Honors
A - Intro to Computer Science Honors

Thanks!

I get a 4.43 with 8 extra points for 4 of your AP classes. Do you only get 1 grade for each class/year?
What are your other stats: Test scores, EC’s, awards and which UC’s are you targeting?

@Gumbymom Thanks for the help!
And yes, my school only reports 1 final grade per class. I am targeting UCB and UCLA.

Your GPA looks competitive. Need to know SAT/ACT scores, EC’s and your UC essays are very important. Are you and your family able to afford the OOS costs of $55K/year? The UC’s give little to no financial and/or merit aid to OOS applicants. Expect to pay at the minimum $23K/year OOS tuition fees plus your EFC.

@Gumbymom when I run my grades through the Roger Hub UC GPA calculator, I only have 4.14. Did I do something wrong?

My classes only give one final grade per course, so that should be 14 total grades.

@conceitdran7: You forgot to include 8 honors point for 4 of your AP classes (8 semesters).

@Gumbymom Doesn’t the +1 point for honors/AP only count per “grade” and not per semester?
For the RogerGpa I entered 12 As, 2 Bs, and 4 “total semesters of AP, IB/HL, or CC courses (max. 8)” since I received 4 final grades (full year class, one final grade) for those AP classes, not 8.

Correct me if I’m wrong - which I probably am!

Are you on 2 semesters/per year but get 1 grade per class? If that is true, then you get 8 points. Either way, most schools will recalculate and your GPA is competitive with both calculations.

Yep, 2 semesters/per year but 1 grade per class. Wow, I am glad to finally have clarified my understanding of Out of State UC GPA . Thanks for the help, @Gumbymom!

link removed

I created my first app as a UC GPA calculator. Please feel free to try it out!