help!?

<p>so i got into ucsd as a winter 'o9 admit and uci as a fall '08 admit. </p>

<p>i’m majoring in biology, and i want to go to med school.</p>

<p>after thinking about it, i’m pretty sure i’m going to go to irvine. the campus and city are nice, and there’s plenty of opportunity for undergraduates looking for internships and research options. the school is decent, too, plus i get the housing guarantee. </p>

<p>ucsd is more “prestigious” and probably will give a better education. but i’ll have to look for offcampus housing when i don’t even know anyone, and i’ll have to deal with commuting as a freshman. plus i heard ucsd is reallyyy cutthroat for premed students. </p>

<p>i like learning, but i don’t want to be surrounded by people who are hellbent on surpassing me to prove their own value. </p>

<p>is uc irvine considered a good school? by employers and medical schools, i mean? would a biology degree from ucsd be a LOT more respected, or is it about the same? </p>

<p>thanks in advance for your guys’ help.</p>

<p>Didn't you write in the UC Irvine forum that you were a freshmen? Cause if that's the case... I think you get on campus housing for UCSD?</p>

<p>well, i got into ucsd as a winter admit, who aren't guaranteed housing...</p>

<p>UCI is ranked at 44 and UCSD is ranked at 38. There is not a huge amount of difference in their rankings. UCI has a medical school and all UC's are excellent in biology. Go to UCI if you like the campus and fall admissions better. You will get a fine education. You will do best where you are happy.</p>

<p>Oh I see... are you planning to appeal for the fall quarter? My friend got in for Winter for Irvine, appealed, and got in for fall.</p>

<p>I think studying biology is going to be tough at any UC, so I would see which school and environment you like better.</p>