Help!!!!!

<p>Here is my current situation. I ultimately did decide to take a summer class, and it will begin in early July.</p>

<p>I got into Friedrick Hall and it is $438 for the four week session.</p>

<p>I have spent hours searching for sublets, and have found several good deals. Unfortunately, my housing contract is due by midnight tonight and I cannot decide. I've gone through the pro-con sheets too many times to count. </p>

<p>I would like to hear your suggestions as soon as possible! (Preferably by 1130 pm or so lol)</p>

<p>Thanks again guys, this board has been a tremendous help to me.</p>

<p>As I reviewed my post I noticed I never clarified what I was asking. </p>

<p>Should I live on-campus, or off-campus? </p>

<p>What benefits are there to living on-campus during the summer?</p>

<p>Much easier to live on. No worries about food, utilities and all that stuff plus you only need to bring clothes and your computer to the dorm.</p>

<p>438 to live for four weeks in the dorms is much cheaper than their fall/spring semester rates. </p>

<p>It’s not great accommodations, but it’s a standard price. You won’t get much cheaper, and you’ll have discounted food. </p>

<p>They were like 700/month when I lived in the fall/spring 2 years ago.</p>

<p>Well, with a sublet you will likely have to worry about bills (rent, internet, electricity, etc), bringing your own furniture, location, all that jazz.</p>

<p>With dorm it’s that one payment… and that’s all. No furniture to bring, no bills to pay, internet is included, and the location isn’t bad. And for that price? Worth it. Friedrick isn’t in the BEST location, but it’s not too far.</p>

<p>For the summer before your first time here, a sublet is not worth the hassle. Yes, it can be a hassle, even if upfront it seems simple. I would just dorm it. Simple and easy. Bring clothes, computer, maybe a tv and a few books and that’s all. </p>

<p>Although; Aren’t most of the dining halls closed (except Newell’s) in the summer? So yeah, I think you would have to worry about food.</p>

<p>I think the dining halls are open - daughter just got back from an engineering camp - ate at Franks Place for the week, and she has ‘band camp’ next week where she’ll stay at Ogg and eat at Gordon Commons.</p>

<p>According to the University Housing website, only Newell’s is open. Maybe that means to the public though, since during the school year anyone can eat there (and pay the outrageous prices of non-Housing food).</p>

<p>Wouldn’t make sense for them to say only Newell’s is open, though.</p>