Here's to a Great Year!

<p>Wishing all the new students and those returning students a great first day of the new semester, and a great year. I hope that this year will be both productive and successful.
Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>DD gets rolling at 8am! The last week has been such a whirlwind for her. It’ll be nice to settle into classes! Best of luck to all the kids!</p>

<p>Best wishes for everyone.</p>

<p>Yes! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I have one starting Senior year and one starting Freshman year! Roll Tide to all the CC students!</p>

<p>OK, how many other “worry warts” are out there like me who called and/or texted to make sure your DS was up out of bed and ready for their first class?! :-)</p>

<p>Roll Tide for a productive semester.</p>

<p>Worry-wart extraordinaire right here. Son has 5 classes today hehe:). I texted him last night to make sure he got to bed early. Probably time to cut the apron strings a little more and stop deluding myself that he needs his mother texting him several times a day :)</p>

<p>And I can’t believe he has been on campus two weeks (tomorrow). He has had an amazing couple weeks.</p>

<p>^^^^I texted my son in turn he Facetimed me and I asked if he did a mock walk around campus to his classes. He said yes and I said are you sure and at that moment I hear a female voice in the background say yes Mr. … He did. My DS then turned the camera to show me everyone that was in his dorm right then. Needless to say I realized he had everything covered. Whoosh, whoosh, yes that’s the sound of my helicopter that just got grounded by my DS.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I wanted to but didn’t dare. D has 9 or 9:30 classes every day this year, after mostly starting no earlier than noon most days last year. I’m hopeful she’ll successfully adjust her internal clock to conform to her schedule.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Love it! I never needed to check up on my daughter who was a freshman last year at a different school. My son who will start next year is a different story.</p>

<p>Peachtide, wow, how amazing. What a year you will have. Bookends!</p>

<p>Wishing all of your kids, and all of you, a wonderful school year.</p>

<p>Mine texted me early to say she was up and ready to eat breakfast at her new sorority house! </p>

<p>Big points for eating the first possible meal there!</p>

<p>Bigger points for texting MAMA about it!!!</p>

<p>(Mama has the day off and was still sound asleep)</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>Resisting the urge to call… text… worry. Trying to send a “you’re a big boy now” message. Not easy, but necessary. Never had to wonder with S1. This is d-i-f-f-e-r-e-n-t!</p>

<p>May we all get reports of wonderful first day experiences… whenever those reports come!</p>

<p>mine posted a “last first day of school” picture. :)</p>

<p>Roll Tide! The boy doesn’t have a class until 11AM on any given day, but he pays for that with evening labs. Good luck to each and every one of my friends here and their students!</p>

<p>What? School started? Who knew?</p>

<p>I must have senioritis. ;)</p>

<p>DD already texted to complain that she is only 1 of 6 girls in her 9:00 am ECE 121 section. My answer, “Get used to it!”</p>

<p>Otherwise, she sounds like she is having a great first day. </p>

<p>Good luck to all those experiencing their first, second, third or fourth FIRST day at UA!</p>

<p>DD called to let me know she has seen her brother twice today and he is doing great! So thankful she calls and lets me know that he is OK!</p>