Hey Tigers, We just beat you!

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Awesome!</p>

<p>A shutout…no doubt the #1 team!</p>

<p>What an impressive game! Couldn’t be happier. RTR!!!</p>

<p>Hey M2CK, sorry to have been out of touch for a while. Today was the best of days, worst of days. The best was of course what happened in the Superdome. The worst was that my Bama bound son learned today he will not be a National Merit Finalist. Very aggravating given that he is in the toughest science and math magnet in the country (Montgomery Blair HS, Silver Spring, MD, more Intel and Siemens finalists than any other school in the country since 2000). But I guess it really doesn’t matter–we are headed toward Tuscaloosa and the outstanding UA Honors Program, International Honors Program, (and, hopefully, the CBHP), where my son will study Engineering. We turned off our school search as soon as we visited the campus and met Dean Sharpe. And now my son will begin his college career at the defending national championship school… priceless!</p>

<p>Xcitfan</p>

<p>So sorry to hear that your son was notified today about not making NMF. </p>

<p>*Another science-focused NMSF (4.13/2290) *</p>

<p>If this was over a borderline GPA issue, I urge you to contact NMCorp and appeal. Is the GPA above weighted?</p>

<p>Son gets credit for this one:</p>

<p>Z E R E A U X ! ! !</p>

<p>ΔΔΔ Brilliant, loring! I’ve gotta pass that one on (with attribution, of course).</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Love it! </p>

<p>Fabulous!</p>

<p>Hi M2CK,
Thanks for the feedback. His unweighted GPA is 3.5, but in the toughest math and science magnet in the country. Anyway, we are THRILLED to be joining the UA family, and I can’t imagine a better time for my son to “officially” become one of the Crimson Tide than this year, after THAT game last night!
If you have any specific ideas for how to appeal, I would be grateful. Thanks.
Warm regards,
Craig</p>

<p>Nice, Loring’s son.</p>

<p>Did they really make you take out the double hockey sticks? I guess this forum is under intense scrutiny.</p>

<p>This was listed on the Alabama BCS Game day FB page…love it!!!
“Apparently, LSU’s football team is stuck in New Orleans. Someone painted the 50-yardline across the interstate. LSU can’t cross it”.</p>

<p>^^^^</p>

<p>soooooooo funny.</p>

<p>What’s the status of our northern expert? I hope he didn’t party TOO hardy…:)</p>

<p>^^^ was just wondering the same thing…also wondering if he will be in T-town tomorrow for the BB game?</p>

<p>Last post on facebook by our northern expert…</p>

<p>“What an awesome night in New Orleans. Bama nation has taken over Bourbon street. Roll Tide Roll!!”</p>

<p>Oops! [Recent</a> image by nursetpd on Photobucket](<a href=“Photo and Video Storage | Photobucket”>Photo and Video Storage | Photobucket)</p>

<p>Thanks, Malanai!</p>

<p>Xcitfan, my son was a “permanent nmsf” too ( as OU put it) . I am a actually grateful because he would have gone there instead of bama, and I totally believe he is where he was meant to be at UA. He is really thriving there and having a lot of fun.</p>

<p>3kidsinhs, thanks for the kind reply. Every interaction we have had with UA convinces us more that this is the only place for our son (and perhaps his 10th grade brother as well). Maybe I’ve been on the East Coast for too long, but even the politeness of the students answering the telephones stuns me. My wife and I are hoping that this graciousness and courtesy will become embedded in our son’s character as he goes this his four years at UA.</p>