HHMI Research Poster Presentation

<p>Just got back from Tuscaloosa and had the priviledge of attending the 2012 Howard Hughes Medical Institute Research Poster presentation on Friday. What a great event! The research that the students did over the summer was simply amazing! </p>

<p>DD’s research will be continued in the fall and I had the pleasure to meet her professor and the graduate students from the lab. They all showed up to support DD. Very impressive. </p>

<p>Also had the priviledge to meet randomparent (his DS was also in HHMI). We ran into each other Saturday morning helping our kids move out of their summer apartments. Was nice to put a face to the name! Glad you got back safely!</p>

<p>All in all, a great weekend!!! Especially after the weekend started badly (first flight out of San Antonio was cancelled!). Got back earlier this afternoon. Very tired but would not trade the experience for anything.</p>

<p>Very cool, ShamrockDad! What sort of research was it?</p>

<p>Her research was titled 'Temperature effects on sex steroids in the hermaphroditic fish ‘Kryptolebias marmoratus’.</p>

<p>Ok, so I am really scared now. My daughter understood this. LOL</p>

<p>I will admit - it took me a couple of times of DD explaining it to me before I got it.</p>

<p>hmmm… Like Sniner, I don’t know what you said, but I will ask my daughter to translate when she gets home. HA! That sounds very interesting though.</p>

<p>Wow…awesome!</p>

<p>Just wanted to say what a pleasure it was to meet ShamrockDad at UA this past weekend and to thank him for posting about the HHMI Research presentations (I think he is the first CCer that I have met at UA). I arrived too late to attend, but from all reports the presentations were very impressive.</p>

<p>Congratulations to your D!! So happy that you got a chance to see the work that your D and the others accomplished this summer. Your D is a very bright girl. She brings a great deal of heart to the University. I wish her continued success in her research and studies at UA.
(Our D’s were roomies last year.) :)</p>