Hi! I need help.

<p>Well, I was rejected from Yale SCEA. :( So now, I have to find other colleges that may be a good fit for me. Pomona is my favorite college now, and I hope that I make it in. :D However, I can't depend on that one college.</p>

<p>So, do any of you know of any colleges that are similar to Yale University and Pomona College? It doesn't matter where they are located. Thanks!</p>

<p>How about the LACs, such as Amherst, Brandeis, Williams, Wellesley, Smith, etc.?</p>

<p>HPS … Specifically the “S.” Yale is the cool brother. Stanford is its twin. They just have different styles. </p>

<p>But I cosign with the Liberal Arts schools cited by dignified. I personally loved Williams! Also, check out the rest of the Claremont schools beside Pomona. UChicago, Georgetown, Northwestern, Brown, Cornell, Carlton, Dartmouth, Penn, WUSTL, exc … it all depends on what you want to do and your type of style, to be quite honest. Fall in love with a school at face value first and then look deeper and see how your credentials measure up. </p>

<p>But with respect to feasibility and time, it’s a little late to be doing this. You probably should’ve had backups and started working on other apps while you were applying early to Yale.</p>

<p>Thank you for your replies, and I will look into those colleges that yall have suggested.</p>

<p>@justadream92: Oh, I have other backups, and I have already submitted other apps already. I just wanted to be sure that there wasn’t a college that I missed that might have been perfect for me. :)</p>

<p>Okayy! Good Luck !!</p>

<p>I know this a bit late, but I cosign justadream92’s post. Look into LACs. As a student at a large research institution, I have quickly learned that quality pedagogy >>> prestige.</p>

<p>But apply to some top research schools anyway. It wouldn’t hurt, no? :)</p>

<p>I cosign the learning too. Go to a school with quality education guaranteed-prestige or not</p>

<p>Wellesley has slightly more of a Harvard vibe than a Yale one (which isn’t coincidental), but I’m applying to both Yale and Wellesley because they remind me of each other nonetheless. Check out Smith, too. I’m pretty sure that’s Yale’s female alter ego. Or something. :D</p>

<p>William & Mary is a good option if you don’t mind suburb-rural Virginia, as well as Oberlin, Bryn Mawr, Grinnell, Carleton, and Gettysburg.</p>

<p>Wow, thanks once again to everyone! :smiley: I am looking into the schools that you have suggested, and some of them are so awesome. I’m suprised that I never noticed them before.</p>

<p>No one put down Swarthmore!</p>

<p>APPLY THERE. (if you want to, I mean… ;))</p>

<p>^ What is so special about Swarthmore? I keep hearing about that college too…</p>

<p>It’s another really awesome LAC in pennsylvania.</p>

<p>This suggestion might not hold any value…but I have a friend who just got accepted to William & Mary in Virginia and couldn’t be happier. It’s not Yale, but it’s a really good LAC.</p>