high GPA in freshman year

<p>hi everyone
i was accepted by geneseo as a freshman this fall
and my list has now come down between u of miami and geneseo
probably i'll go to geneseo because of financial problem</p>

<p>so now i wonder is it very hard for first year student to get a good gpa (above 3.5)?
because i wanna get a head start to prepare for grad school
and the first semester is very very important for me</p>

<p>thank you</p>

<p>Hey, I am currently a sophomore in Geneseo, planning to transfer to U of Miami. haha thats funny. Anyways, its not that hard, depending on your majors and classes. A LOT of classes here are easy As or A-s.</p>

<p>hey rawrcookie92
i have finally chosen u of miami because the quality and the ranking of my major… and of course, the weather :smiley:
but i know geneseo is not a bad school
now i need to look for scholarship from outside sources to support my education in miami :/</p>

<p>btw, rawrcookie92, i have seen some of your posts on this forum, you seem pretty negative towards geneseo… may i ask you why?</p>

<p>Before you get worked up about one disenchanted student has to say, I know someone who went kicking and screaming to Geneseo because he did not want to go to a SUNY. That was all his parents could afford. And he absolutely loves it.</p>

<p>As for the weather, where layers. It is much colder in Madison, Burlington, Minneapolis and a bunch of other places.</p>

<p>Geneseo is a pretty good school, its just i dont fit in it. Don’t get me wrong, I know plenty of people who really like it here. There are a lot of pros as well. I think this school has one of the best campuses in the nation. In addition, the dorms here are really clean and look nice. Let me correct myself about what i said regarding easy As. The basic courses, 100-200 are pretty easy, but without a doubt they get harder. Pre-med students have one of the hardest courses, starting as early as their first classes. However, like I said, Geneseo is a good school, but I just dont fit in here. To me, Alumni connections matter a lot and many students have admitted that the alumni network is really weak. Anyways, good luck guys :)</p>

<p>The Geneseo Alumni Engagement Initiative was launched last spring to engage the more than 50,000 alumni across the country and inspire them to connect with their alma mater and classmates.</p>

<p>The goal was to create vibrant alumni networks in areas where Geneseo has the greatest numbers of alumni. </p>

<p>I am a member of the Long Island Regional Committee and can reassure you that Geneseo is actively addressing the alumni network. </p>

<p>Geneseo identified 18 regions to form Alumni Regional Committees:</p>

<p>· Albany
· Buffalo
· Chicago
· Colorado
· Florida (East Coast)
· Florida (West Coast)
· Long Island
· Los Angeles
· New England
· New Jersey North
· New York City
· North Carolina
· Philadelphia/New Jersey
· Rochester
· San Francisco
· Syracuse
· Washington D.C.
· Westchester, N.Y./Connecticut</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>I’m just curious rawrcookie, what course is that?</p>

<p>Those courses* would be bio I/II, analytical physics I/II, chem I/II (easier than the last two). It doesn’t get much easier with genetics and orgo.</p>

<p>Pre-Med stresses every student regardless of what school they go to. It is an extremely competitive field, so the school has to weed out students to see who the “best” are. Generally, if you are a science major, you will take chemistry and biology both semesters including labs, the orgo chem and physics the following. Like I said, Geneseo, like most other colleges, have competitive and tough pre-med reqs.</p>