High Point Class of 2023

I noticed there wasn’t a High Point class of 2023 thread yet, so I thought I would start one. Post your stats!
ACT:
SAT:
GPA:
Extra:
State Residency:
Ethnicity:

I saw on their website we get our decisions back December 17th!

D19 received her acceptance in the mail today. No change on her portal yet.

Do you live close to the school?

@26hopeful Nope. We are in MD, suburbs of Washington, DC. We were not expecting anything until 12/17 per the website. She also received the Presidential Scholarship.

Awesome congrats! We’re farther away so maybe something is on its way. Congrats to your daughter though! Very exciting!

How do you get into the portal to check your status? I applied way back in September and never received any info about it.

Daughter got her acceptance in the mail today!

@kgracey17 You should’ve gotten an email with login information to get into https://highpoint.askadmissions.net/vip/. There it told you your application status and everything.

DD got her acceptance today however we are probably going to have to decline due to the cost of tuition :frowning:

I got accepted! I checked my portal,

Is scholarship listed on your acceptance letter?

My son got accepted this am. He found out through the portal. I do not see financial information.

@traveler2019 Scholarship information was listed on the acceptance letter received in the mail.

DD found out today through the mail! Congrats to all!!!

Yes

DD got accepted with a relatively small scholarship. She is excited about the school but I am concerned about academic integrity. Is there anyone else out there feeling this way? Is HPU a good school or just s pretty campus?

I am disappointed that I also received a relatively small scholarship.

Very few students receive large scholarships because there is no money to pay for this. Almost all the money being raised goes into new buildings and landscaping. The endowment is pitiful, and very little is invested in academic excellence (faculty salaries, research grants and so on). So you end up with a pretty campus, mostly wealthy students and mediocre academics.

Picaluna, can you provide some more information on your opinion? HPU seemed to be trying hard to attract quality students.

Picaluna, can you provide some more information on your opinion? HPU seemed to be trying hard to attract quality students.