High School Courses

Hey so I am applying from out of state and I took 2 classes at my high school that don’t fall under any of the high school class categories that the UC application allows. My courses were technology electives called: “Computer Applications” and “Intro to Networking and Computer Systems”. They are considered “academic” courses at my school, but those courses don’t fall into UC’s a-g system. Should I just leave these classes off of my application? Or should I put them under computer science or something?

Put them under the non a-g courses.

@Gumbymom I didn’t see your message until now, so I ended up putting information about the courses in the “Additional Comments” section of the “Academic History” area and then I didn’t put it under the “Coursework Other Than A-G” section. Is this going to hurt me? Should I contact them? I’m not sure because I saw the “Coursework Other Than A-G” and that section didn’t give an option to list grades. It only let me put the number of hours I spent on the class, which led me to believe that listing my classes there would be optional.

Non A-G course have very little weight in the review process. I don’t think putting them in additional comments will cause any harm.

Agree with @FarWestCoast.

Okay thank you very much.