High School Diplomats 2022

I was just wondering if anyone has been contacted by their interviewer yet.

We were, of course, disappointed by the shift to the virtual (and significantly shortened) format, but the last two years they cancelled altogether. If my D were a sophomore, she might have chosen to just try again next year and hope for in-person in 2023, but she’s decided to continue the process.

Still no contact from the interviewer yet, though, so I’m wondering if others have received that contact. I believe D is supposed to reach out by the end of this weekend if she hasn’t been contacted. We’re away the first week of April doing college visits, so I’m just hoping she gets her interview in sooner than that!

Hi,
My son opted to participate virtually, but has not received any further information. It is disappointing, but he’s hopeful he will be selected to participate.

1 Like

My D heard this afternoon from her interviewer and is now scheduled. Hopefully your son hears today or tomorrow as well!

1 Like

My D has her virtual interview on Wednesday. I don’t know how many interviews they do for this, especially since it is a shortened virtual format this year.

My son is scheduled for this afternoon. I wish the US kids could at least get together, but I understand.

2 Likes

Good luck to everyone. Maybe these kids will all be getting together NEXT summer in Japan. :wink:

1 Like

My son did his virtual interview on Tuesday evening. He felt like it went well and said it was a good conversation. Fingers crossed!

1 Like

@oldcmcalum @collegemom2b22 @DJMona did any of your kids find out from their interviewer when results would be announced ? Thanks!

My son asked and was told around May 1st.

2 Likes

Thanks @collegemom2b22. That’s really helpful.

Thanks, my D was wondering too!

Hey All – Has anyone heard back yet on final decisions?

Nope - we are sort of expecting either Friday or next Monday. :crossed_fingers:

My son just received an email that he was excepted into the program.

1 Like

My D got an email that she did not get in this summer :confused: She is bummed but she will try again for next year.
Congratulations for those who got accepted !!!

1 Like

For those that were accepted this year, congrats! Do the applicants need to show an interest in Japan, speaking Japanese, or extracurricular relating to Japan?

My son did not have any factors related to Japanese.

I’m sorry for your daughter. That’s disappointing. But, on the flip side, perhaps it’ll be in person next year which would be nice.

1 Like

Thanks! Please let us know how it ends up going this summer!

1 Like

Congratulations to your son!
My D did not get accepted.