High school honors classes

<p>Which honors/AP classes are “accepted”. For the UC AND CSU application they said to list only the “accepted honors/AP” claases.
I took English HONORS 9TH 10TH 11TH AND AP ENG 12TH
I took Geom HONORS 10TH
I took World History Honors 10th
As for AP classes I am under the impression that all AP classes can be put down under classes took… “accepted honors/AP classes”</p>

<p>Thank you in advanse for your help
wf909</p>

<p>Your school should have told you already which ones were accepted, and I was under the impression that the drop down menu that lists the classes at your school should list it anyways. If you took 4 APs already, I wouldn't worry about it (unless you took 3 of them in sophomore year and only 1 in junior year) since you won't be getting more honors GPA boost anyways. 9th grade and 12th grade classes don't count for anything, and I think I read somewhere that sophomore year honors aren't usually accepted either, just as a guideline.</p>

<p>Wf909
Check the site "<a href="https://doorways.ucop.edu/list/"&gt;https://doorways.ucop.edu/list/&lt;/a&gt;", and type in your high school name. It will prompt with the a-g courses and the UC accepted honor classes are marked with a yellow star.</p>

<p>I took English HONORS 9TH 10TH 11TH AND AP ENG 12TH
I took Geom HONORS 10TH
I took World History Honors 10th </p>

<p>I highlighted the courses that would give you one extra point. Your high school is similar to D's high school. In general 9th and 10th grade honors are not given one extra point. Except Honor Chemistry. AP classes in 10th grade are giving one extra point. But check the uc gateway, it should have a yellow star for honors class that UC gives extra point.</p>

<p>I know someone brought it up before, but I seriously doubt that 12th grade APs will count for extra points.</p>

<p>Sorry, I didn't mean that. I meant It would if you take it in 11th grade. No course from 12th grade is counted toward GPA.</p>

<p>SO... The authorized honors courses that are designated honors or AP on the University of California a-g list are the courses that have a star next to them on the <a href="https://doorways.ucop.edu/list%5B/url%5D"&gt;https://doorways.ucop.edu/list&lt;/a> website? I am confused at the part where it asks:
Honors/AP/IB/College
course credit for: oneFall termSpring termBoth fall and spring terms1st summer term2nd summer termBoth summer terms
** I put honors/AP credit for all my honors/AP classes (both semesters), if it was a year long class........ Is this right? I hope this isnt that confusing. Thank you!!!!!! (& please help!!!!!!!)</p>

<p>Would it be stalkerish to ask what high school you go to? It's pretty straightforward from what I see. If your honors aren't "Honors" approved, putting them down as Honors/AP credit is probably not going to be a good idea. If its a yearlong class, then yeah they go in as Honors/AP for both semesters.</p>

<p>I was told by one of my counsellors (not a very bright person), that The UC/CSU system does not grant extra points for all honors classes. So do I mark all of my honor classes, or just the ones that are granted extra points?? I THINK I WORDED THIS Q BETTER :)
THANKS</p>

<p>You onlu mark the honors class that is designated by the UC system. You can check by accessing the UC Doorways Page. Google UC Doorways. You should be able to search for your school and find the complete curriculum of your school. There will be a yellow star next to the classes that will count for the extra point in your GPA; it will also designate what type of honors it is so that you may select it on your application (IB, AP, or honors).</p>

<p>If you attend a high school outside of California then only AP, IB and College level courses will be UC approved honors courses. If you attend high school instate you should check the course list mentioned above to check.</p>

<p>To UCD Admissions and anyone else that knows:</p>

<p>Do the UC's at least look favorably at the honors classes we took that aren't coded as UC honors classes? If not, students would get equal credit for easier courses. In some cases they could get more credit for easier courses if they got an A in a non-honors course and another student got a B in an honors one.</p>

<p>I heard they do. UC GPA is not everything. The course load is important too.</p>

<p>There are two different issues here that might be being confused. Calculation of UC GPA and separately courses completed. Although the UC only calculates the GPA for courses in the sophomore and junior years limiting the honors credit to 8 semesters worth of UC approved honors, all four years of courses completed are reviewed. Unfortunately, only UC approved honors courses are reviewed as honors courses. Please see University</a> of California - Counselors for more information on what is considered when reviewing an application. Pay particular attention to bullets three and four.</p>

<p>So if I took a total of 5 AP UC and CSU course, only 8 semesters of those account for an extra point in the GPA?</p>

<p>I took 1 approved honors course 10th grade, and 4 AP approved 11th grade.</p>