High school seniors 2011- who else has gotten in?

<p>I just got my acceptance letters today! I’m so excited! I’m not sure if I’m actually going to Bama or not, but I’m very happy that I can have it as an option.</p>

<p>Has anyone else gotten their acceptance letters?</p>

<p>Also… does anyone know about financial aid at UA? I would love to go to Alabama, but I know that I won’t be able to afford it if I don’t have enough financial aid. I haven’t been able to find that much information, so I was just wondering if anyone else knew about UA’s financial aid.</p>

<p>(:</p>

<p>I, as well as a few others on this board, have recently received our acceptances. Congrats! It’s definitely nice to have a school to fall back on, if nothing else, isn’t it?</p>

<p>I have no idea about need-based aid; however, UA has very generous merit scholarships for OOS students. If you tell us where you’re from and what your stats are, one of the extremely knowledgable people on here could help you out in the financial area.</p>

<p>My daughter has an application submitted to Alabama but hasn’t heard anything yet. She’s also as NMSF so is looking forward to hopefully a nice scholarship package. We haven’t visited UA yet but everything that I read on this board is very positive.</p>

<p>I’m from Texas! I applied with a 1770 SAT (M:560, CR:560, W:650) and a 25 ACT (26 English, 25 Math, 25 Reading, 24 Science). I’m retaking these, though, so they could go up.</p>

<p>My unweighted GPA is a 3.614. I can’t tell you my weighted at the moment because there was a mix-up with the lady who figures GPAs. I should have a new weighted GPA and rank by the end of next week, though. Currently I’m ranked 37/290.</p>

<p>[Out-of-State</a> Scholarships - Undergraduate Scholarships - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out_of_state.html]Out-of-State”>http://scholarships.ua.edu/types/out_of_state.html)
There are the out-of-state merit scholarships; as you can see, you would have to raise your test scores quite a bit to be eligible, but you do have a few months to do so. There are also some departmental scholarships available, although I don’t know what the criteria for those are.</p>

<p>Depending on your family’s situation, you may be eligible for need-based aid. Other people on here are much more knowledgable about those things than I am, so I’ll let someone else help you out there.</p>

<p>My son has been accepted into the school of engineering. He is interested in aerospace engineering and would love to play in the band. We are OOS from Virginia. We visited in April and loved it. The school is at the top of our small list. My son’s stats are 34 ACT and a 4.8 wGPA. Good luck to all.</p>

<p>LiveandLearn…</p>

<p>As soon as your GPA gets fixed, be sure that Bama gets a copy and corrects their records.</p>

<p>Also, be sure to apply for scholarships. There are many dept level scholarships as well.</p>

<p>What did you put as your major? If you put undeclared, then you won’t get considered for dept scholarships.</p>

<p>My major is marketing.</p>

<p>Good! The business school does give scholarships.</p>

<p>How much will your family pay each year?</p>

<p>I’m not sure exactly how much we can pay, but my mom (single parent) will only make about $26,000 by the end of this year. I’m hoping this will mean that we can get some good financial aid, because I would LOVE to go to UA.</p>

<p>I know that my grandparents could help pay for college, but I don’t know to what extent. They did assure me that they have “good credit” and could probably get a loan (as a last resort, of course).</p>

<p>I’ve got another question… is it too late for me to apply to be in the Honors College? I know that I can bring my SAT/ACT up enough to qualify, but now I’m afraid that since I’ve already been admitted I can’t be in the Honors College.</p>

<p>You can’t apply to Honors until you have been accepted, so no, it’s not too late. Once your SAT scores are high enough, log into myBama and fill out the Honors College app. (The application is a formality; if you have the scores, you will be accepted.)</p>

<p>Thanks so much!</p>

<p>How long did it take for you to receive your acceptance letter after you applied??</p>

<p>I believe it took about a month for me, and I had my SAT scores and transcript sent right away. Don’t forget that you have to consider those things too – it doesn’t matter when you submit the app if your school takes a while to send your transcript.</p>

<p>I applied on July 31 and got my acceptance letters on Monday. I’m kind of surprised that I got them so soon!</p>

<p>Congrats!</p>

<p>Are you going to take the SAT and ACT again to possibly get better scholarships?</p>

<p>D got her letter this week and my bama information yesterday-I don’t think she will go to Bama-she is now leaning towards Birmingham Southern</p>

<p>I am retaking the SAT for sure. I probably won’t retake the ACT because a) none of the upcoming test dates work for me and b) because I feel like I have a higher chance of improving on the SAT.</p>

<p>My son was accepted this week. He and I are both so very excited about Bama! He was initially looking for a “safety” when he looked at Bama. Their huge national merit scholarships convinced him to visit and check it out. We were so impressed with the great fit for his personality, needs, and desires. Now, his supposed “safety” school is also one of his top 3 – and sometimes number 1, depending on when you ask him! Which is super, super exciting for Mom. Now, I know that no matter what all of his other schools do in terms of acceptance or scholarship, my son will be HAPPY! The pressure is already off for mom. How nice.</p>