High school seniors 2011- who else has gotten in?

<p>^^ It was exactly the same way for me. The scholarship initially drew me in and it seemed like a great option as both an admissions and financial safety, but now it’s definitely one of my top three choices. When I start to worry about not getting into what I consider my first choice school, I realize that even if I am accepted to my “reach” schools, it’s going to be very difficult for me to not choose Bama. Thank gosh for UA, making all of our lives easier. :)</p>

<p>hlsess: I thought for a while it might be Birmingham Southern for my D too. Her adcom was wonderful & she actually felt “guilty” telling him it was a no! Best of luck to you!</p>

<p>RobD- what is adcom???</p>

<p>^Not that I’m RobD, but an adcom is an admissions counselor. It comes from Admissions Committee. But it’s a pretty common term for an individual admissions counselor.</p>

<p>thanks- that’s what I thought- ROBD- why did she feel “guilty” telling him NO?</p>

<p>Chris was just really awesome & they “clicked.” She probably saw him about 10 times (on visits (2) at college fairs, at her school, etc.) and he always remembered her by name & they’d chat. In the end, she thought that BSC was too small for what she wanted to do (and she was in love with UA) but she hated telling Chris no since she really enjoyed talking with him. You know how 17 year olds are ;)</p>

<p>Now D2 is still waxing poetic about the fossil inlaid floors in the science building so I may have a BSC student yet. Although she did ask me to explain first downs to her at the game on Saturday…</p>

<p>^My older son and I can relate, RobD. We both felt guilty about saying “no” to a handful of his adcoms and potential professors. Because of his specific major, he got to know college profs, staff, and adcoms pretty well through all the lessons and auditions and visits, etc. And when they kind of pursue “you” and court “you,” as BSC did your daughter … Well, I’m an adult, with no responsibility for the decisions, and <em>I</em> felt a little guilty! Not to mention my son, who appreciated all the gracious attention and scholarships, etc. I totally get it.</p>

<p>^ That’s how I’ll feel if I have to tell this board that I’m not going to Bama, haha. Everyone has been so helpful that I will feel really guilty if I choose another school.</p>

<p>aw, Regina that’s so sweet :slight_smile: You have to follow your heart & choose what’s best for you and if UA is the place that’s great! If not, we will all wish you well. There are a lot of good schools and wonderful opportunities out there!</p>

<p>D got her acceptance email today. We’re still waiting for the letter, though. Hope she gets a sticker!</p>

<p>Got the acceptance letter yesterday. Not surprising, but nice to have it in hand.</p>

<p>^^^</p>

<p>Congrats…it’s nice to have an acceptance in hand while waiting for others. :)</p>

<p>I see from your stats that you’ll get the Presidential. congrats!</p>

<p>Have you visited Bama?</p>

<p>I know that you love Clemson. I can tell you this…my son visited Clemson first and loved it!!! Then when he visited Bama, he realized that it had the same look and feel as Clemson but also a much better college city! Not much to do in Clemson. </p>

<p>Will you be applying to Computer-Based honors program?</p>

<p>I got accepted! :slight_smile: I got my letter a while ago. I was told by an employee of the Admissions Office that I was one of the first ten applicants (She said they make a big deal in the Admissions Office about the people who apply first). I was really eager. Haha</p>

<p>:)</p>

<p>Congrats!</p>

<p>My son received his acceptance letter on August 13th. He also received a nice hand written post card by Dr. Halli sent from Oxford England where Dr. Halli was teaching this summer. Even my son seemed impressed which isn’t easy to do.</p>

<p>That Summer at Oxford is a really cool thing to do.</p>

<p>In! So excited!</p>

<p>Congrats!!!</p>

<p>I wonder how many have been admitted so far?</p>

<p>got my letter today! so excited…now i just have to convince my parents to let me go all the way across the country!</p>

<p>My youngest son will attend Bama in the fall. He even plans to room in the same apt/suite as his older brother. He only applied to Bama after he witnessed his brothers wonderful experience. We did fly him down in April (2010) for an official visit. He met with two professors and got the tour. He slept on his brothers couch. He just happen to visit when the Spring Game was played. They both attended the game and had a great time. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!!! </p>

<p>I will miss is the one way drives from OH to AL I have shared with my older son (seven times already!). In the fall, both boys will make the drive without me. : (
I have got to let go sooner or later.</p>