Highlands vs bryce lawn

<p>I am a current sophomore with NMF housing scholarship for 4 years and I am considering moving to one of these two places next fall (I live on campus right now)</p>

<p>how “off campus” are these apartments? I know they are not owned by a private company and are run by housing… are there RAs and such? are they more like dorms or actual apartments? also, all the units are 3 single bedrooms, right?</p>

<p>if anyone has more information on these places or has lived in them, please let me know.</p>

<p>These apartments have roughly the same feel as the suite style dorms except that they are much older and not nearly as nice. The units are “garden style” apartments rather than facing an interior hall. The apartments in Bryce Lawn have their own apartment sized washer and dryer in the unit as well as a stove top and oven, but do not include a microwave. One room in Bryce Lawn is rather large, but the other two rooms are smaller than the rooms in he suite style dorms. This year, housing assigned additional roommates to the larger room both in Bryce Lawn and the Highlands to create forced doubles for overflow housing briefly at the beginning of the fall semester. (All of the forced double roommates were accommodated in other housing before fall break.) The flooring is vinyl. In terms of bath facilities, the Bryce Lawn apartments have one toilet, one bath tub, one shower and two sinks. The living room and dining room furniture is very old. Unless you want to be near the Music School or fraternity row, I would not recommend Bryce Lawn over the suite style dorms for students on scholarship. Bryce Lawn is, however, exceptionally convenient for music majors and members of the Million Dollar Band.</p>