Hillsdale Waitlist 2022

Hi everyone!

I applied to Hillsdale college in 2020 and was accepted and received a scholarship of $10,500 per year. However, I did not accept the offer. I instead enrolled in my state university and decided to do a gap year. I am doing an intensive language study abroad program, and am currently studying daily, and volunteering (I am volunteering and translating with refugees outside of the US.)

However, this year I realized that I had made a mistake in not accepting the last offer and decided to apply again. The problem is, that due to some family changes, I would never be able to pay for Hillsdale, even with $10,500 per year. Of course, I would work and save, but the remaining approximately $120,000 is simply too much for me to pay. So, I decided to be very honest during my second interview and admit this. I even told Hillsdale during my second interview that I had enrolled in the local state university. (I realize that this is probably my downfall). However, I believe the interview went well, and my interviewer said they would attempt to explain my financial situation to admissions. Since last year, my resume has only approved, and I submitted my additional achievements to my counselor several days ago.

Does anyone think I could still be admitted off the waitlist? Is it arrogant to wonder if there is even a possibility of getting a scholarship? Does anyone know any statistics about the percentage of waitlisted students Hillsdale admits?

My stats are as such:

AP: 4 5s, 2 4s
GPA: 4.3 GPA, 3.997 unweighted
Awards: Two seals of Biliteracy, French and Russian, local world language scholarship award, honor role, varsity letters
ECs: 4 years on a varsity sports team, several scholarship study abroad programs, with leadership roles, 4 years of varsity music, first chair, several clubs, with leadership roles, 3 years of working, with awards and recognition, given presentations at the State Department, and American Embassy in Moscow, Russia
Coursework: I graduated with 33 credits, 5 more than needed. I took 6 AP classes, and received As, and 4 honors classes, received As
Letters: Above average
Essays: Although my writing is terrible here, because I have to write as quickly as I can, I’d say my essays are at the 85% percentile.

My stats are as such:

AP: 4 5s, 2 4s
GPA: 4.3 GPA, 3.997 unweighted
Awards: Two seals of Biliteracy, French and Russian, local world language scholarship award, honor role, varsity letters
ECs: 4 years on a varsity sports team, several scholarship study abroad programs, with leadership roles, 4 years of varsity music, first chair, several clubs, with leadership roles, 3 years of working, with awards and recognition, given presentations at the State Department, and American Embassy in Moscow, Russia
Coursework: I graduated with 33 credits, 5 more than needed. I took 6 AP classes, and received As, and 4 honors classes, received As
Letters: Above average
Essays: Although my writing is terrible here, because I have to write as quickly as I can, I’d say my essays are at the 85% percentile.