Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards

<p>Just wondering whether anyone else applied for the Youth Awards and whether or not they recieved some confirmation that their application was received. I applied on a whim and mailed my application at the last possible moment (Went to the postal store on July 1st).
If someone could let me know if they are in the same boat as myself it would be much appreciated. Thanks.</p>

<p>HEY!! I applied as well and did not receive anything back. I think they notify during the fall depending on your region.</p>

<p>Oh. Phew. Just out of curiosity what/where did you apply for? I did business, math, and science for the Miami region (I had meant to do Washington D.C., but oh well…).</p>

<p>I also applied for the Youth Awards and mailed my application on the last day :P</p>

<p>I applied for the Education category for the Los Angeles region. I think they’ll answer us in September or early October.</p>

<p>I applied for business in the Washington DC area. I really have no idea what to expect!!!</p>

<p>Anyone heard anything yet or know when each region will be holding its awrad ceremony? From previous years it seems that they notify winners about three weeks before the ceremony…</p>

<p>In previous years during september the usually start notifying, depending on the region.</p>

<p>I applied to the Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards for Science and for Healthcare. The postmark deadline was July 1. Were applicants supposed to receive confirmation that the application was received? Also, is anyone aware of when the decisions are released? Its nearing mid-September, apparently the relative time that regional finalists are announced, yet I haven’t received anything. The Youth Awards number also doesn’t work, and I didn’t receive a reply from the primary email, so I’m worried that my application may not have been received. Any help?</p>

<p>I think we’re all in the same boat soydecali. Doesn’t seem like there is much to do but sit and wait…</p>

<p>Just recieved a generic invite to the Chicago regional for the Hispanic Heritage Youth Awards. It didn’t say anything specific about my daughter being selected. My D applied for Science, Education and Healthcare for the Phoenix area. I’m just a little confused about the vagueness of the email, the incorrect region and lack of available information and communication for clarification. Anyone one else get an email? Do they expect individuals to travel outside their selected region? We choose Phoenix because it is closer to Albuquerque and much less expensive to travel to.</p>

<p>My daughter applied well within the deadline and we never did get any type of confirmation.</p>

<p>I called the Hispanic Heritage Foundation since the telephone number for the HHYA is no longer valid and was told that the Regional selections are done in stages. For instance they just selected Chicago. I also received a generic e-vite for the Chicago awards ceremony. They will notify the recipient about 3 weeks before the scheduled ceremony where they applied via a telephone call not an email. The website lists the dates of the different regions. Because there were so many applicants only the ones selected will get notice. It is extremely competitive. Good luck to everyone!</p>

<p>Could anyone post a link to the dates for each region’s ceremony? I can’t find them anywhere…</p>

<p>Clarification: Wait, so they are not notifying the applicants who won via email? Would you happen to know when they are announcing each region…or if they have already done that?</p>

<p>Yes, they are notifying the regional recipients about 3 weeks before the ceremony. I was told that they will be contacted through a phone call at the number provided in the application. Location of the ceremony for each region is on their website if you click under news release. The applicants that are not chosen will not be notified as there were too many.</p>

<p>I just got an email from them that the ceremony in San Francisco is postponed. I don’t know why I got it since my Ds is already in college but my email must be on some list. </p>

<p>Just based on my limited experience with them. HHYA seems a bit disorganized. No reason was given for the postponment and it seems like they change their program every year so it is hard to get info about.</p>

<p>Does anyone know if they’ve done selections for the New York region?</p>

<p>Chicago: TBD; Houston: Oct 13; New York: Oct 18; Washington, DC: Oct 27; Miami: Nov 3; Denver: Nov 7; Phoenix: Nov 17; Los Angeles: Dec 1; San Jose: Dec 6; Dallas: Dec 15</p>

<p>Quick question to all those who were already notified: Did you receive notice almost exactly three weeks before the dates listed above? Furthermore, do they tell you your placement?</p>

<p>I just received an email to RSVP in one of the locations, but did not see DC which is the area I applied to. DOes anyone know anything about this?</p>