hispanic heritage youth awards

<p>I’m in the NY/NJ/Philly region. When we called in September, they said they would notify award recipients from my region in 3-4 weeks. We still haven’t heard back yet… I’d like to know if I won or not so I can send my early application, without worrying that I may have omitted an award.</p>

<p>If you go to the Hispanic Heritage Foundation’s website and look in the News tab, there is a list of dates and locations for regional ceremonies. This might give you a better idea of their notification timeline. My D was notified about three weeks prior to the award ceremony. We attended the reception and ceremony at the University of Chicago and it was truly a wonderful and prestigious evening. The talent and hard work of the recipients was amazing and it was so wonderful to honor all of these gifted young people. Hope this helps!</p>

<p>Well, here we are in California waiting and wondering and wondering and waiting…
Has anybody on the West Coast gotten an answer yet?</p>

<p>I still have not received an update. :frowning:
SoCal</p>

<p>Here’s a link to the website for 2010 awardees-press release.
[Hispanic</a> Heritage Awards](<a href=“http://www.hispanicheritage.org/press_news.php?id=174]Hispanic”>http://www.hispanicheritage.org/press_news.php?id=174)</p>

<p>The future ceremonies are San Antonio-11/12, Miami-11/16. New York, 11-29, Phoenix-12/2, Northern California-12/7 and Dallas 12/9.</p>

<p>I’m still upset that I did not receive any notification of my application status. Even if I didn’t receive the award, it would’ve been great to know of this a few months back so I wouldn’t be waiting hopelessly for an award that I would eventually not receive.</p>

<p>Daniel: Which region do you pertain to?</p>

<p>Los Angeles</p>

<p>That’s really a terrible disappointment. I’m so sorry to hear this happened. I wonder if somehow your application never got to them? I never fully trust the mails…</p>

<p>Hi, again, Daniel. I actually called and spoke to someone this morning who told me there were so many applicants in the San Jose region that they are not planning to notify non-winners, only winners. Maybe that’s what happened in L.A., too. I only wish there were more people on College Confidential who applied so they could tell us what happened in their own particular cases. </p>

<p>Once again, I’m sorry about your disappointment, but I wish you all the best in your college applications and other scholarship opportunities.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>