Hispanic Scholarship Foundation

<p>I don't know if this will interest anybody on this site, but this is a need based scholarship.</p>

<p>Actually, it's MANY need based scholarships all with one application! So if any poor Hispanics are out there and you want to give it a shot, go for it.</p>

<p>Let me warn you now, MAKE AN APPOINTMENT, yes an APPOINTMENT, with your rec person. The letter of recommendation is ridiculous, it took us a good 30 minutes to write up.</p>

<p>It seems they have more scholarships for people into business and sciences. Journalism is included. I didn't check the rest.</p>

<p>Hispanic</a> Scholarship Fund: Our Challenge</p>

<p>If you are a junior, you should make the essays in the summer so you can send in your app right away.</p>

<p>i began part I of the app like a few weeks ago and did everything and then realized i was really short on time and gave up bc of the letter of rec. plus, i haven't done much activities outside the classroom in my field of study. how competitive is this scholarship? do you happen to know how many they choose?</p>

<p>^ I'm doing like 2 of them</p>

<p>doesn't hurt to try</p>

<p>I need $$$</p>

<p>Also see this thread:</p>

<p><a href="http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/hispanic-students/646129-college-scholarships.html%5B/url%5D"&gt;http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/hispanic-students/646129-college-scholarships.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p>

<p>Oh sorry about that^^...</p>

<p>As far as how competitive it is, I wouldn't know since this is my first year applying. I applied to three scholarships from that site.</p>

<p>TBH, I didn't understand why a need-based scholarship had competition... until I realized how many poor Hispanics there are in the world :P. I'm just hoping I get this because so far, every school that has accepted and has given me a financial aid plan that has left me with a gap of over $10,000... and we can barely afford living! :eek:</p>

<p>No problem DRMAN, best of luck on the scholarships!</p>

<p>When does the HSF open for students who just completed their junior year of high school?</p>

<p>Same question. Any reports on success with the scholarships?</p>