Hispanic Scholarship Fund 2016-2017

Good luck to all applying this cycle! Anyone received notification of finalist status yet?

Have they sent out finalist notifications yet? I’m hoping to hear something soon, I was a scholar (not scholarship recipient) last year, and would love to hear something awesome soon, especially since I’ll be out of the country for three weeks haha.

I’ve found a post or two on social media (must have applied earlier & thus heard earlier?), but otherwise no other notifications. I think they’re taking longer due to extended deadline once more…

I hope current readers don’t have access to previous year’s essays, cause I did a good amount of recycling lol

Hmm, my big concern was confusion on my recommenders, it’s all over the place where some said they did submit, and for some reason it’s not entirely reflected on the app, so who knows- I really enjoyed the essay questions this year and definitely feel better about the time I spent on them this year than last year, plus in general the amount of things I’ve been able to do in a year has been great. Hopefully we’ll find out soon, I can imagine the longer deadline will delay results, I’m glad this year they didn’t have as early of a set date, last year that just caused everyone a ton of grief I recall with being super eager to find out results.

Actually apologies for double post,I’m curious would some of the people who have been selected as Finalists have been for some of the other HSF scholarships, not the general one, or were they for the general fund?

^ not sure…I think it’s just general for now.

Yep, the new topics were quite interesting. I did write one of them from scratch; had some serious writer’s block, but I figured it out. :slight_smile:

Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long!

Logged into my HSF account to see if there’s anything new…app link is nowhere to be found, so maybe they’re updating things? hmm…

Lilliana, I noticed that as well recently, I was getting curious so I logged in and I could not access any of the application anywhere or even find the app link. I too am wondering if they are updating things soon. Around this time last year is when some results started coming in for some people I think.

I checked with my DD’s email from last year and it was around this time that they notified students if they were finalist. It seems that HSF each year tries out new software in response to more students applying for their scholarships. My DD has received a scholarship for the past two years and her online portal shows the same changes that her document bank and scholarship application are no longer available to view.

Good luck to everyone who applied.

Was anyone required to send more information to hsf? like they did last year for the scholarship?

Last year they skipped over the entire finalist process and asked everyone to submit documents…I got my scholar notification on July 9th, but hopefully they’re able to notify us sooner this year! And nope, no requests for add info yet and app access is still unavailable.

Waiting for the finalist notification, that would be awesome if I could be a finalist but if not it’s totally cool. Good luck everyone, and hopefully we find out before July 9th @Lilliana330

Agree with everyone so far no access to even check the status of the application. No place to even see if you have to submit any additional documents for them.

One of their tweets says that all applicants will be notified by the end of the month. Posted 6/23/2016 so does that mean in the next few days?

someone else said they emailed them and it would be by end of july. @Lilliana330

Got the scholarship! Was notified at 3:29 p.m. today

My D was notified today she is a Scholar!!!

Hey! I received an email from them about 40 minutes ago. I was put on a waitlist. I won last year’s General Scholarship by the way.

Good luck to you all! Hope they send emails soon! A question to those who have been on the waitlist before: did you guys ever get some kind of reward?

Congratulations to all who won it!

My DD was notified that she too is receiving the scholarship. This is her third year receiving a scholarship from HSF. She majors in engineering (which I know is highly sought after by HSF) so that is why I think she is receiving it each year.

@PeacefulWorld I would not look hope for the scholarship. I remember them saying last year that they went to the waitlist since not everyone completed the necessary forms in time.

For other scholars, congratulations and be sure to attend the scholarship celebration in your area. You will be notified of the dates in future emails. My DD and I attended last year and it was very inspiring.