Hispanic Scholarship Fund 2018-2019

Yeah. I think all of you will be making this year, a very competitive one.
I just checked my e-mails and last year, I received the wait-listed e-mail on July 20th, Enrollment verification and scholar pledge on November 2nd, and the e-mail telling me I would receive funds on December 22nd, and I received the award at about January 15th of 2018.
So guys, sit tight. Also, @flsoccermom22 no offense, but what the bejesus does your daughter need anymore
scholarships for? Doesn’t she have everything paid for with all those accolades? I mean, this is a free world, but
damn, I don’t think you will have to be waitlisted long, I think they just classified you that way as a placeholder, or they
are probably double checking that your financials actually qualify you for it.

Also, let’s just say I am not a super star, I do work hard and do decently well in school, and I got a scholarship,
much needed, so I think all of you superstars, and accepted individuals are admirable. Congrats.
Once again, Latin America represent! Let us show them we are here to do great things.

I got a scholarship!

Email confirmation is out and status confirmed

Yep, just got my wait-listed e-mail

I was waitlisted. Not sure if I’ll end up getting anything or not.

Nice, congrats brother. I got wait-listed but am hopeful.

Hey all,
I will start this thread because it is a great scholarship.
So let us have at it.

Guys I have a question: if you turn in the documents super fast (like the day of), does that mean you will be one of the first to get off the waitlist? I’m just curious and it is gonna take me a while, lol thanks!

If I leave the 2018 - 2019 dashboard and I see the option to click on it, there is a text that says it is “In Progress” and that the due date is July 31, 2018 and has a bar for me to click that says “Continue Application.” What does this mean?

@torres7389 You are prolly waitlisted? Or got a scholarship? Anyways this should be good news. I got the email confirming I was wait listed and need to turn my documents by July 31.
@mlplover69 I don’t think so but it doesn’t hurt. Based on previous year, they notified wait listers on a wave two times. So it might be a good chance everyone on the wait list gets a scholarship.

Is being waitlisted good? I’m a bit surprised since I forgot to provide a recommender, so I completely forgot about this scholarship thinking they wouldn’t even look at it…

Bruh why does my portal still say nothing except “Complete on March 30”? Anybody else?

If applications were completed closer to the deadline, would acceptances/waitlisted notifications take longer to review? Any experience from previous years?

Nothing has changed on my portal! It only says “Completed March 26”

The email was sent out.

Hey guys! I got waitlisted too, I turned in my application the week it was due, just a few days earlier. I saw that they want a final transcript. Do they want an official one?

Should I be concerned that I still have not received any notifications from hsf along with the fact that my portal still looks the same??

You should have gotten an email even if you weren’t selected. Maybe contact them through your portal?

Congratulations for everyone who got selected!

My DS got waitlisted email yesterday. I haven’t talked to him but not sure if he’ll submit everything they asked for to remain on the waitlist. He’s receiving a need base scholarship so any Outside scholarships will be taken by the college and it won’t reduce the family contribution anyway.

@ChalatecoSV would you mind telling us how much you got from HSF? TY