HL Maths- Is it really that difficult?

<p>Hi everyone.
So I am pretty scared about taking Maths HL next year because everyone says it is a very difficult subject. Almost deadly.</p>

<p>However, I really like Maths. I don't know if I want to major in something to do with it, but I know I like it and I am pretty good. </p>

<p>Is it worth it? I will be taking other challenging subjects. And I don't want to die, haha.
And, if it is so difficult, could it affect my overall IB grade?</p>

<p>If you are good at math and would be satisfied with a 5, then HL math won’t kill you.</p>

<p>it’s hard, yes. It’s challenging, yes. If you like math, take it. It will only motivate you to get better.</p>

<p>HL Math in itself is not necessarily difficult. I’ve personally found the content manageable (Junior right now), but assessment is another story. Our tests are composed of recycled IB Exam questions combined with some new ones our teacher makes up. I can definitely say that these questions are difficult, and stretch, test, and exhaust your brain.</p>

<p>Above all of this, however, if you love math, there really is no reason why you shouldn’t be taking HL, barring a significant gap between your mathematical ability and the class’s expectations. The best people to talk to aren’t us, though - talk to your teacher this year and maybe even your freshman math teacher. Both know you as a student, and will provide valuable insight here. I found their advice very helpful when I was in a similar conundrum. PM me if you have any questions - I spent a long time agonizing over my diploma courses (:.</p>

<p>If you are really good at math, you will do fine. Just stay on top of the homework</p>