hmm out of stater think i got a chance?

<p>hey yeah i've been looking at uw for a while its an amazing state school really impresses me however i am from nj think i'll have a harder chance getting in verses a uw person </p>

<p>here are my stats:
GPA: it was low freshman and sophmore year but right now i think its near a 3.3 ish range
APs: going to finish 8? or 7 by the end of next year
ECs: I basically found one interest and stuck by it in one sense i mean i love politics and international relations so here we are:
Model United Nations: 3 years including next executive board next year
International A.N.S.W.E.R.-been doing alot of work with them since well 8th grade but its out of school work
Votenowar-(its one word) 3 years
UNH-USA-2 years
did campaign work for the democrats for a while but been an active member of the young democrats 3 years
member of yds 3 years
erm a musician as well
marching band 4 years
concert band 4 years</p>

<p>CC: as far as community service well i have technically 500 hours so i mean its alot </p>

<p>SATs-well i have to take them in 2 months
ACTs-taking them 7 days after SATs</p>

<p>well based on what i gave you think with a decent SAT score i got a shot?</p>

<p>yea probably, I got in yesterday with a 3.14 UW GPA and 1400 SAT(720CR,680M,620W), and im from ny</p>

<p>congrats do you think ecs really matter for wisconsin?</p>

<p>I have a hard time believing most people with 3.1s are going to get in. Are you an URM?</p>

<p>not true about the 3.1; if your sat/act score is really good (not necessarily super but above their average), it balances out a not-so-great gpa.</p>

<p>3.1 in one school is a whole lor different than a 3.1 in another school. I've seen some schools where the top 20% all have 4.1 or higher. In my school, I have a 5.2 on a 6.0 scale, or a 3.25 on a 4.0 scale. Wisconsin looks at the application as a whole. They consider the school as well. SAT's are the only standardized factors between schools. </p>

<p>By the way, I got in with a 3.25/4.0 or 5.2/6.0, as well as 800M/590V/630W to the engineering school from out of state, out of Minnesota.</p>

<p>well, clearly, if the rank for a 3.1 is top 20% at one school at top 60% at another, that is a different case. </p>

<p>The average GPA for admits is 3.7, so to assume that in general, a 3.1 at a normal public school would be insufficent doesn't seem so illogical.</p>

<p>By the way they have deffered/accepted students from my school, you can see that they weigh in the SAT scores heavily. My friend, who got an 1170 on his SATand has a 3.68 GPA with more AP classes than me, got deffered. The same thing happened with someone else from my school with a 3.5 GPA and 1200 SAT.</p>

<p>I had a 3.1GPA cumulative and not so many APs (4). I do have a 1570 Math Verbal, 800 Math IIC, 740 Biology E, 710 World History. I go to a pretty competitive school that doesnt rank. I think the doesnt rank part is key.</p>

<p>wow yeah my gpa was kinda low now its heading up due to the fact that i stocked on APs 3 this year 4 next year...what do you think wisconsin looks at more ACT or SAT?</p>

<p>you look pretty good with a 1570, i guess ec's matter even though i didnt have anything special.</p>