Hokie Focus!

<p>Anyone going to Hokie Focus this weekend?</p>

<p>I am going with my son on Sunday. Our first visit.</p>

<p>going tomorrow with 3 students</p>

<p>dd</p>

<p>How was your visit to VT past sunday..are you hooked yet?</p>

<p>yeah so i went to hokie focus on sun...and that's when i decided to get a refund on my deposit and go to Mason. It's a beautiful campus though! But the area is just not for me.</p>

<p>Wow! What do you like about Mason over VT? I'm just curious.</p>

<p>I seem to remember she is the one who didn't want to be far away from her family. It must have worried her that VT is so far from Northern VA.</p>

<p>sunnydad..we went on Sunday...we also went to JMU on Monday...Vtech was nice. I think, being that we didn't get any F Aid, we have a high EFC, no scholarship $$, and my son is not considering Engineering, he realizes that paying OOS tuition for Vtech would not be feasible. He is interested in Business at JMU, so we'll see how that turns out. Also no F Aid or scholarship $$. COA at JMU seems less than Vtech, but we gotta sit down and crunch some numbers. After all is said and done, he still might attend SUNY.</p>

<p>lol guillaume, actually my family doesn't live in northern VA, we actually live closer to blacksburg and being far away doesn't bother me at all b/c i eventually want to <em>try</em> to transfer to NYU...which obviously is farther than VT. </p>

<p>the reason why i didn't like VT was because something about it didn't feel right...it's nothing specifically wrong with the school but i keep hearing people say that they just knew as soon as they walked on campus and i didn't get that feeling. </p>

<p>but the main reason is that Mason offered Neuroscience as a bachelor's, and I liked that way better than biochemistry.</p>

<p>Sorry rmatai. I mixed you up with somebody else who was torn between VT and GM.</p>

<p>all good :)</p>