Holy Cross RD release date

We saw somewhere it would be mid-March. Does anyone know? When were RD decisions communicated last year?

Was 3/20 last year.

2 Likes

I heard that for the last 4-5 years, RD decisions came out in the morning (around 9 am) on the third Saturday of March.

1 Like

They sent a notification today saying decisions will be notified on March 19. Fingers crossed!!!

1 Like

So the email last week and today both asked students to withdraw if the student would be attending elsewhere. It was quite nerve-wracking and I was fearful of hitting the wrong button!

Does anyone know what time Holy Cross typically releases decisions? Will they announce a time for Sat decisions?

1 Like

Even though admission decision letters are not out yet, you can view your decision under your To-Do List. I already have the waitlist reply form on my checklist.

1 Like

Same here

Results are out!! Son is in. Magis scholarship. 20K

6 Likes

7,000 applicants and 800 acceptances, wouldn’t that mean they have an acceptance rate of 11.4%?

Magis here as well. Very happy D.

4 Likes

no that’s the number they hope to yield. They accept around 2600-2700.

6 Likes

After 9 waitlists and 13 rejections, i got accepted to Holy Cross! This is top 3 school so im ecstatic! 60k year grant!

3.5 UW with extenuating circumstances, 3/4 APs school offers rest DE / honors, no test scores, good ECs for my area, alright essay, alright LORs

8 Likes

stats please, if you don’t mind?

3.99 UW. 33 ACT. 10 AP’s. Typical EC. Visited twice, interviewed, and did parent rec.

1 Like

A parent rec? Do they ask for that? Never heard of a parent rec. I’d write one if I needed to though. My S plans to apply next year. We are visiting this summer.

yes after the app is submitted we (the parents) received a direct email about sending in a parent rec. Did not go through portal. A few schools do it.

3 Likes

Holy Cross, Smith and Richmond ask for parent recs.

2 Likes

I checked my emails and never found an email from them requesting this. Congrats on your Son’s admission! Daughter waitlisted:(

interesting. My older D is a first year at Smith and we never got a request for one. Good to know to keep an eye out for one though (next year).