Homecoming 2013

<p>is set for October 5.</p>

<p>Well, that’s one potential weekend off the table for Parents Weekend, right? So are we thinking now that Parents Weekend will be Sept 20-22?</p>

<p>How did you find this out? It doesn’t look like it’s on the website yet.</p>

<p>[Alabama’s</a> nationally televised A-Day game set for April 20; Homecoming slated for Oct. 5 | al.com](<a href=“http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/01/alabamas_nationally_televised.html]Alabama’s”>Alabama's nationally televised A-Day game set for April 20; Homecoming slated for Oct. 5 - al.com)</p>

<p>Should us OOS parents plan to attend Homecoming? I already reserved a hotel as that is a great weekend for us since D2 will have 4 day weekend.</p>

<p>Booked a room for that weekend. Not many rooms left at all on Expedia. Capstone showed 1 room left on Expedia and none on their site.</p>

<p>Now that Bama has a game scheduled against Colorado State for Sept 21, I’m hedging my bets that this will be Parents weekend. A very knowledgeable Mom on CC predicated that this would happen and it did. Think it was Class2012mom, great prediction.</p>

<p><tries desperately="" to="" add="" nybama’s="" reputation="" points="" repeatedly,="" only="" be="" told="" spread="" it="" around.="" i’m="" not="" that="" kind="" of="" girl!=""></tries></p>

<p>Seriously though, whatever I’ve figured out about Bama football has been the result of a joint education from the CC folks and my alum friends to get me caught up on all I’ve missed about Bama football for the first (many) decades of my like, and I thank you all kindly. RTR.</p>

<p>Class2012MOm- I added some to NYBama for you!</p>

<p>Right now I have reservations at both the Hilton Garden Inn and the Hampton Inn for the weekend that we think is Parent’s weekend. The Hampton is a couple hundred dollars more for the three nights. Is it worth that much to be that close? Anyone ever stayed at the Hilton Garden on game day? If so, how hard is it to get to campus?</p>

<p>We stayed at the HGI for move-in. Great place to stay. We were even further for Parent Weekend… the Yellow Hammer Inn. On game day, we just parked downtown in the free garage and took the $1 shuttle to the campus. Easy schmeasy.</p>

<p>Thanks to all on CC- I feel incredibly well informed for someone wh0 just paid his son’s freshman enrollment deposit this week. I just made hotel reservations for the likely parent’s weekend because of this thread (and there were VERY few rooms to be found in Tuscaloosa). If not for reading advice here I would have been one of the many parents trying to find a place several months from now.</p>

<p>We ended up staying in Bessemer for Family Weekend because we booked too late and Tuscaloosa was either sold out or way too pricey. It turned out not to be a big deal, since we were on or about campus all day long anyway. On game day we parked in the intermodal garage downtown (free) and walked to campus.</p>

<p>LOL, you folks are funny…Remember there’s strength in numbers. We pool our resources we will all be on top of our game by move in day. I have to slow down I already have plans for my sons UA summer move out May 2014, he hasn’t even graduated High School yet. I learned more from CC than any information session, brochure or website UA has to offer. Experienced friends is the best source of information. We even have friends in Hawaii…lol</p>

<p>I’m in the same boat NYBama. I already am looking at airfare for Bama Bound in July, have these Parent’s Weekend reservations, and am wondering about move-in day in August. Can’t book any move-in reservations because we’re not sure if my son will do Outdoor Action or not.</p>

<p>I have reservations for every important date btwn now and move in. If it were me I would book for both OA and regular move in and cancel what you don’t need.</p>

<p>Yep, I booked both options and got a good rate.</p>

<p>Think I’m ready to visit with a realtor during Preview to find a house for the next 8 years. YIKES!! Both D’s plan on going to UA so I might as well. Probably much cheaper in the long run than all of the hotels and I don’t have to worry about trying to book out a years worth of reservations all the time. Then the weekends I won’t be there I can rent it out to all of you guys.</p>

<p>I think M2CK’s has a house/rental. You could see how the rental part works for her. Good luck!</p>