Homecoming Game

<p>DD2 (HS Sr.) and I are getting college tours, visit DS (Bama Sr.) and Homecoming game all rolled into one flight across the country. ROLL TIDE!</p>

<p>Now for the logistics, storms? what can we expect? how cold? jacket? Plan is to travel light, leave room for purchases. :)</p>

<p>Find out when the Supe is open and do your shopping. They are closed early on Saturdays and all day Sunday.</p>

<p>I don’t know if the SUPE store closes early on a home game day. Either way, it will have a large tent on the Quad where you can buy Bama gear.</p>

<p>It has been both hot and cold, with temps dropping at night. I would bring something for warmth.</p>

<p>James Spann, famous Bham weathercaster who is fun to follow on twitter, says Tuscaloosa may be in for a wet weekend. I would bring wet weather gear and shoes. But, trust me, you will have a wonderful time despite the weather! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>I am sure that we will enjoy it no matter the weather just never sure what rain this time of the year means in Alabama. Wet and yet still hot, or cold. DS is no help it’s always warm enough for him. </p>

<p>Thanks for the heads up on shopping, I’m sure we’ll get most of that done on Friday but never know what else one “must have” and there is always Christmas around the corner :)</p>

<p>Here’s the info on when the Supe Store will be open Saturday. The 11:00 PM must be a typo and should really be 11:00 AM. It also gives the info for the tent on the Quad</p>

<p>University of Alabama Supply Store
Stop by the SUPe Store to get geared up in style for Homecoming this weekend. The SUPe Store, owned and operated by the University, has a huge selection of officially licensed Bama merchandise including TuskWear, Nike sideline apparel, Bama t-shirts, souvenirs, and tailgating supplies. Check out the new University of Alabama Official Tartan apparel and accessories, too. The SUPe Store Tent on the Quad is open Friday night from 5:00 p.m. until after the pep rally, and open again Saturday from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. Steel City Pops will be under the tent offering their gourmet popsicles, so it’s the perfect place to cool off. The SUPe Store at Ferguson Center is open Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. and reopens for after-the-game for shopping at 2:15 p.m.</p>

<p>Must try a Steel City Pop! They are sooooooo good!</p>

<p>Homecoming Parade starts at 7:00am</p>

<p>WOW! 7am! I’m excited about the parade, hopefully it’s not rained out. All of that pomping could get messy!</p>

<p>My D is obsessed with Steel City Pops!!! Dang, those things must be good. </p>

<p>So is there a cold front coming in? D said the weather is warm today. Husband and S are heading there today and S doesn’t own a jacket. Guess he’ll have to get one when he gets there.</p>

<h1>Hawaiipeopleproblems ;)</h1>

<p>I like accuweather.com for the weather. You can check the weekend weather, even by the hour forecasts, and it’s very accurate.
Supe Store is not the only place for Bama stuff (sometimes they sell out of items quickly). There’s a big store on the Strip, bamastuff.com, although it has a different name now. I know the online version seems to have the same stuff as fanatics.com, but it was started by the family that owned the Alabama Bookstore on the Strip. Lots of little pop-up vendors around the stadium.
The Trunk, the Shirt Shop and the Locker Room have high-quality clothing items. Alabama Express, Bamaland, Off Campus Bookstore…seems like everybody has Alabama merchandise. Heck, you might even find a cool shirt at WalMart or Target.
Look for the licensed merchandise tag to make sure UA gets its share!</p>

<p>it is still warm… looks like rain is more Sat night/ Sunday but keep an eye on weather… storm from gulf…</p>

<p>Have a great time! We did the same thing last weekend. Brought daughter and friend for a campus tour, visited our 2 boys there, and went to the ole miss game. You will have a great weekend!</p>

<p>When did Homecoming Parades begin starting so early? It must have something to do with television times. I went to my share of Bama HC parades as a child, and I doubt we were up and parade ready that early. I asked my mom about that, and she didn’t remember such an early start either. I’m sure it’s much bigger and more elaborate than back in the stone age!</p>

<p>We are stuck on a plane on the runway for the past 1 1/2 hours! Chicago has bad storms…just want to get to campus. Ugh</p>

<p>Arrived this evening after spending day at one of the “other” schools, got to let her make her own choice;)
Took DS to dinner after his evening class (OMG it is SOOO good to see him!!!), first thing DD said is “Mugshots”. That PB & B burger —YUM!
Yep it’s warm, and muggy (CA “it’s a dry heat” remember). Got to pick up a new shirt tomorrow, something cooler (darn, did I really mean to pack 3/4 sleaves) thanks for all the suggestions on shopping;) :slight_smile:
DD is dreading the fact that I am dying to catch all of the parade (17, not a school day, yawn). She’d wants to see it, just not so early (shame on the TV schedules).
Me - well I’m Happy Happy Happy, ROLL TIDE!
oh Buzymom3 - hope that storm is gone and you’re on your way.</p>

<p>Enjoy the weekend touring, football watching, and visiting! I got three pictures of my son so far, and of course one is of him eating a caramel Steel City Pop!</p>

<p>Loving our time here! Made it to condo about 1am. Up early for breakfast at Rammer Jammer. Shopping and lunch at Ds sorority house. My first ‘fried Friday’ did not disappoint. Went to Steel City Pops too. Tonight we will do the bonfire and will be at the parade…D is not happy either but will be there too. Can I just say that I love being here?</p>