Honestly, what's my chance? Should I apply ASAP?

<p>Im a senior girl in high school and I’ll be applying to colleges this weekend. Im from Pennsylvania and I go to a private Catholic School. This is my first year at the school since I transferred from public school after attending from 9th to 11th grade. Over the course of the 3 years in public school, my grades were slipping and you could see it happen mostly from 10th to 11th grade. I transferred from public school because it was a nightmare for me and I was constantly being bullied and belittled by the same group of people and their friends, which eventually grew to an even larger group of people. Between in school and online, these people were ALWAYS finding ways to make my high school experience a living hell and it consumed me.</p>

<p>I couldn’t take it anymore so my senior year I transfered to the local Catholic school. I absolutely love it here and all the people here and my grades so far are MUCH better than before I transferred. Thing is, the damage has already been done to my GPA from my years in public school.</p>

<p>My GPA at the end of 11th grade was about a 2.6.</p>

<p>The first time I took the SATs I received a 1580 and the 2nd time I took them (This October) I got a 1700.</p>

<p>I’m applying to instate schools such as West Chester, Penn State Altoona, Temple, and Bloomsburg, but I also wanted to try my luck and apply to my dream school of University of Alabama</p>

<p>I plan on majoring in Biochemistry or Biology (Going for my PharmD)</p>

<p>My senior schedule is:
US Gov’t/Law
Human Anatomy & Physiology
World Lit.
Pre Calc./Trig
Religion (Doesnt count anyways)
Honors Latin I</p>

<p>In all honesty, with a GPA of a mid/high 2.+ (slowly getting higher as I get good grades at this new school) and an SAT score of 1700 what are my odds of getting in?</p>

<p>Because of your public/private school situation, you should contact admissions and make sure they know about it. I don’t know the specifics about what GPA or test scores you need (others on here will) but it looks like you’re in a different situation from most others and Bama needs to know that. Good luck!</p>