Honor Code Violation

<p>I’ve been convicted of honor code violation at my high school for plagiarism in AP Art History. I’ve been accepted to several UC’s. What will happen and what should I do?</p>

<p>It was an unintentional plagiarism; I’ve included the source and everything, so it should not be counted as plagiarism. My teacher didn’t seem to cooperate with me well. Is it plagiarism to include a detailed description of an art piece and use it to present it to the class with the source link at the end of the mini essay? I didn’t use the whole thing either; i’ve only made a few footnotes at the sides and the essay as just … nothing else, really. I mean, I’m not claiming it to be my own piece, am I?</p>

<p>Maybe the teacher said you plaigarized because you didn’t cite it in your essay but rather at the end where there was no reference to what you were quoting. You cited it but maybe didn’t include all the steps for citing. I would ask her again, but I think it should be okay…</p>

<p>Shoot, that seems overly serious. Plagiarism usually means like copying an entire essay and claiming it as your own ‘intellectual property’ when it was clearly the creation and work of another person. You simply just miscited, and I think your AP Art History teacher is overreacting - there are so many high schools where proper MLA formatting isn’t even taught. </p>

<p>Please discuss this with your teacher and administration again, because it’s really not serious enough of a case to be severely penalized for it. Also, please put together your case as clearly and coherently as possible, since perhaps you had a communication error with your AP Art History teacher? Again, I’m not sure why she’d react in that manner.</p>

<p>Try to detail all the evidence you had that it is not a serious mistake, and that it WAS a mistake, and talk to your teacher again.</p>

<p>You are not required to report school disciplinary actions to the UCs. Make sure you don’t get expelled and try to stay below the radar. Make absolutely certain you get at least a C in AP Art History and maintain an overall 3.0 GPA. You will be fine, don’t stress.</p>

<p>You’ll be fine bro. I have been in the same situation and wen’t crazy about it. Like Ms Sun said, you have to get a C and maintain a 3.0. UC’s don’t see anything about your disciplinary record since they are a state school. Private schools only see them since your teachers are “supposed” to report them on your recommendation!</p>

<p>Hi! During my junior of high school I cheated on a math test and got an honor code violation. I really want to got to Macaulay Honors at Hunter. How badly will this hurt my chances?
What should I do? How can I fix the situation? Can someone please help me!? I really don’t know what to do! Thats my only chance of getting into a good college program:(</p>